General IO question

1gecko

A lot of IO's 'top out' at a given level - yet the Attuned versions (while having the same text as a set level version) DISPLAY bonuses all the way up to 50 (and the few I have experimented with seem to actually add that % bonus).

Do they actually provide bonuses scaled all the way to 50 or is this just a display bug?

Secondly (and I guess one of the devs would have to answer this): Does anyone know why there are Very Rare (Purple) IO sets in all damage types, defense types, and various control types but NOT in something as basic as Healing sets?

1.  Display bug.  They still cap out at the set's max level.

2.  The original Devs just never got around to it?  Preventative Medicine does get kinda close (8.75% recharge vs 10%).

Which is kind of nice, it is very easy to cap 10% recharges.  Having a different value means stacking more.

Edited by Caulderone
  • Like 1

I'm not sure I'm interpreting your question right, but just to clarify... A set, such as Kinetic Combat (Melee Damage) maxes out at level 35 (iirc).  But you still get it's bonuses at level 50.  The set bonuses only go away if you're below the minimum level, not if your above the maximum level.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Healing does have a PVP set Panacea in addition to the very good Preventative Medicine (lvls 20 - 50). I keep hoping for a Superior set for Fear and Taunt. If Fear had something like the Contagious Confusion proc, I feel like the single-target Fear attacks would be slightly more effective.

Taunts are already easy to multi-slot, and based on the four existing sets it is easy to see what a fifth Superior set would bring, with the only wild card being the proc. I suggest a % chance for -ToHit or -Damage for such a hypothetical set.

Thanks all for the clarification / answers!  I appreciate it

... so basically it is a balance of "is the benefit of a lower level capped IO's secondary / proc effect worth shaving a few % points on the overall power - and possibly wasting a slot" sort of question.

8 hours ago, Shred Monkey said:

I'm not sure I'm interpreting your question right, but just to clarify... A set, such as Kinetic Combat (Melee Damage) maxes out at level 35 (iirc).  But you still get it's bonuses at level 50.  The set bonuses only go away if you're below the minimum level, not if your above the maximum level.

I'm pretty sure that what the original poster means is that an attuned Kinetic Combat Acc/Dam IO, which should cap at 35 with enhancement values of +22.9%/+22.9% for a level 35 two-aspect IO, is showing, on a level 50 character, enhancement values of +26.5%/+26.5%, which you would expect from a set that ran all the way up to 50.