What I was missing but did not know (FSC)

hejtmane

Since the game came back I got a dm/shield to 50 (io ti the gills etc etc) and his alpha slot and I played a lot of DM in the previous COH life. I even respeced recently out of spring attack into cross punch which I actually like better than Shadow Maul and Spring Attack but something was still lacking. I love Shield a lot probably my favorite secondary since it was introduced into the COH world it is the reason I can no longer play scrappers secondaries without a taunt aura. I have always enjoyed DM play had two toons in the previous coh life at 50 and it is not like I did not know what I was getting with the set; yet something was still lacking and then I figured out what it was yesterday.

II have been testing scrappers power sets the last month trying to find something that I wanted to get to 50 and this weekend I was able to get a fire/rad to 22 and when I hit 18 I knew what I had been missing in my scrapper play Fire Sword Circle. The sheer joy of burning a group of mobs to ash  and there was the reason after shield came out that my main toon from that day until shut down was my Fire/SD scrapper.  I thought it was because of shield but I guess what I did not realize it was really because of Fire Melee.

Long Live Fire Sword Circle

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA