My Psi/Energy/Soul build. Feedback?

Klipster

So I took a crack at this, I've never tried either set, but I think I'm happy with the result. Shadow Meld will only be down for about 10 seconds, near perma-hasten, resists could better but I'm not too worried about it. Should also have a somewhat decent attack chain. I'm open to any thoughts/critiques/suggestions. Thanks!

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Stalker
Primary Power Set: Psionic Melee
Secondary Power Set: Energy Aura
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Psi Blade -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(31), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), Mk'Bit-Dam%(33)
Level 1: Hide -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(3), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(3), Rct-Def(5), Rct-Def/EndRdx(5)
Level 2: Kinetic Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(7), RedFrt-Def(7), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(9)
Level 4: Power Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(9), RedFrt-Def(11), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(11)
Level 6: Assassin's Psi Blade -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(37)
Level 8: Concentration -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(39), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 10: Entropy Shield -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(13), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(13)
Level 14: Super Jump -- Jump-I(A)
Level 16: Kinetic Dampening -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), Ags-Psi/Status(17), UnbGrd-Max HP%(17), UnbGrd-ResDam(19), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(19), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(21)
Level 18: Boxing -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40)
Level 20: Tough -- ImpArm-ResPsi(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(21), GldArm-End/Res(23)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(27), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(29)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 26: Greater Psi Blade -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(43)
Level 28: Energy Drain -- EffAdp-EndMod/Acc(A), EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(29), EffAdp-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(31)
Level 30: Placate -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 32: Mass Levitate -- SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(45), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(48)
Level 35: Energize -- DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(A), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(36), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(36), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(36), DctWnd-Rchg(37), RechRdx-I(37)
Level 38: Moonbeam -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(48), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(48), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(50), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), StnoftheM-Dam%(50)
Level 41: Shadow Meld -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(42), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(42), ShlWal-Def(42), RechRdx-I(43)
Level 44: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45), RedFrt-Def(45)
Level 47: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Super Speed -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Assassination 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(15), Mrc-Rcvry+(27)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(15), PrfShf-EndMod(23), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(25)
Level 38: Quick Form 
------------

Edit: Perma-Hasten achieved with Agility Core Paragon, forgot to add it to the build!

Edited by Klipster

I'm just going to make 1 suggestion: You should put the Gaussian proc in Concentration. It will trigger most of the time you use Concentration. Where you have the chance of reset-your-buildup proc is irrelevant because it's a global, but Mass Levitate will trigger it FREQUENTLY.  So expect to have build up as part of your attack chain and expect to have double to quadruple buildups. If you are tight for that slot, you can take a slot out of stamina, you're overkilling it with 4 pieces of Performance Shifter; the 2.5% recovery bonus is just not going to make a difference on top of you having its proc and the three recovery procs in health. (The 3-piece hit point bonus could still be useful so I'm not going to suggest just going for 2 endmods and boosting them instead of a set here.)

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

18 minutes ago, Erydanus said:

I'm just going to make 1 suggestion: You should put the Gaussian proc in Concentration. It will trigger most of the time you use Concentration. Where you have the chance of reset-your-buildup proc is irrelevant because it's a global, but Mass Levitate will trigger it FREQUENTLY.  So expect to have build up as part of your attack chain and expect to have double to quadruple buildups. If you are tight for that slot, you can take a slot out of stamina, you're overkilling it with 4 pieces of Performance Shifter; the 2.5% recovery bonus is just not going to make a difference on top of you having its proc and the three recovery procs in health. (The 3-piece hit point bonus could still be useful so I'm not going to suggest just going for 2 endmods and boosting them instead of a set here.)

Great, thanks! I get paranoid with endurance, but I can see your point. 

• 2 months later

Nice build. I have questions/comments:

What's your attack chain? I think I would miss TK Blow but my Psi stalker is not advanced enough to really make that call yet. In fact I'm finding this thread because I'm getting ready to actually plan a build for him.

It looks like you don't have toHit to get fast snipe activation (for moonbeam)? It might be worth slotting it with an Experienced Marksman eve though you lose some psi and toxic resistance. Put 5 apocalypse in the snipe and you get extra global rchg too.

All defense types except Psi are softcapped without Shadow Meld. I'm nit sure how much you get from it in the build. it's a huge defense boost that helps coping with defense debuf, but only last 15s (at least it's up a little more than 1/2 the time). I wonder if taking Zapp+Ball Lighnting could be a better choice for the AoE attack?

The latest updated introduced new endurance mod sets for endurance draining powers, not sure it any of them would be a better choice in Endurance drain, I haven't studied them yet and looks like Mid's doesn't support them yet

I made some changes to your build to suit my taste. Mostly the changes above, including the important snipe one, and made Hasten Perma.

I took the Mu pool because it gets me an AoE and I think Shadow Meld is overkill on top of the existing defense.

I think the build could still have some work done to trade more defense for extra resistance

My character is using flight for a better thematic fit, but otherwise your travel powers are a better fit. CJ is much easier on endurance, and superspeed+sprint with a stealth IO is full invisibility. you should be able to swap CJ for Hover without changing enhancements. 

This was really about improving the attacks and damage rather than changing totals, as you can see they are very similar

YOURS:                                                                                   MINE:

image.png.d38e666afda73d2349886dff00e115d3.png        image.png.8cbb6ae144c4799c25c4bf29a731bb29.png

image.png.cbdb594e8b88ae99b99150c8143d9542.png        image.png.aaa7a2b4aecfb2a990480c48d9704c5b.png   

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Angel of Tech: Level 50 Natural Stalker
Primary Power Set: Psionic Melee
Secondary Power Set: Energy Aura
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Psi Blade -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(33), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(33)
Level 1: Hide -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(3), Rct-Def/EndRdx(3), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(5), Rct-ResDam%(5)
Level 2: Kinetic Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(7), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 4: Power Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(9), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(11)
Level 6: Assassin's Psi Blade -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(37)
Level 8: Concentration -- AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(A), GssSynFr--Build%(23), AdjTrg-ToHit(25), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 10: Entropy Shield -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(13), HO:Micro(13)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 16: Kinetic Dampening -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), Ags-Psi/Status(17), UnbGrd-ResDam(17), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(19), UnbGrd-Max HP%(19), GldArm-3defTpProc(21)
Level 18: Boxing -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(31), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), Mk'Bit-Dam%(40)
Level 20: Tough -- ImpArm-ResPsi(A), ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx(21), ImpArm-ResDam(23)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(27), LucoftheG-Def(29)
Level 24: Fly -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 26: Greater Psi Blade -- SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(43)
Level 28: Energy Drain -- EffAdp-EndMod(A), EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(29), EffAdp-EndMod/Acc(31)
Level 30: Placate -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 32: Mass Levitate -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(45), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Arm-Dam%(46), FrcFdb-Rechg%(48)
Level 35: Energize -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(36), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(37), Prv-Absorb%(37)
Level 38: Zapp -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(48), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(50), Apc-Dam%(50), ExpMarks-Dmg/Int/Rng/Rech(50)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(42), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(42), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(43)
Level 44: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45), RedFrt-Def(45)
Level 47: Afterburner -- Flight-I(A)
Level 49: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Assassination 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(15), Mrc-Rcvry+(27)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(15)
Level 38: Quick Form 
------------

Edited by Papaschtroumpf

In fact one of the global 3% recharge slot could be taken out of Kinetic dampening and you;d still be over the 45% softcap expect for Negative (by a hair) and Psi (which was never close)

Not sure where to put it though, maybe another Ragnarok to regain a bit of Psi resist and get it back in line with your numbers?