Beta Account Center Feedback & Bugs

I'm not sure how the timing of this all works, but there appears to be a bug at the moment. Here's what I did:

1. Changed my live game account password.

2. Logged in on live to make sure the new password worked. Then logged out and closed the program.

3. Synched the beta account.

4. Waited 30 seconds then went to the beta account webpage to verify the sync completed (it did, and said last synch just now).

5. Tried to log in on beta with the new password. It didn't work with the new password, only with the old password.

EDIT: I tried the sync a second time after about 30 minutes, and this time it worked. I'm guessing you have to wait a bit after changing your live password before starting the sync.

Edited by mikewho10

• City Council
7 hours ago, mikewho10 said:

I'm not sure how the timing of this all works, but there appears to be a bug at the moment. Here's what I did:

1. Changed my live game account password.

2. Logged in on live to make sure the new password worked. Then logged out and closed the program.

3. Synched the beta account.

4. Waited 30 seconds then went to the beta account webpage to verify the sync completed (it did, and said last synch just now).

5. Tried to log in on beta with the new password. It didn't work with the new password, only with the old password.

EDIT: I tried the sync a second time after about 30 minutes, and this time it worked. I'm guessing you have to wait a bit after changing your live password before starting the sync.

That is correct, about 15 to 30 minutes. I should have documented this, but it appears I didn't.

Thanks!

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Since the database was reset, the characters that I have copied to beta are no longer on the server, but the beta account center shows that they were copied.

If I didn't catch the note in the patch notes for today and I had just looked at the account center, I would assume that the characters were still present (for example, when I was considering copying characters for a stress test on Saturday).

If it's feasible, could we either reset the list or, if preferring to keep the history, add a "purged on" date to the list of completed copies when the database on Pineapple is purged?

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later
  • City Council
On 1/25/2020 at 3:23 PM, bsides said:

The beta account page gives me an error, is there any other way to create a beta account?

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/beta/

0skGD1c.png

This error should be resolved. The back-end for the Beta Account Center was offline after patch day.

• Like 1

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• Cipher unfeatured and unpinned this topic