I have failed this server!

Ukase

Leading iTrials is something I used to do weekly back in live. 

I don't know when it happened, or why, but it seems I've lost some of the patience I used to have for forming these things. With the Dark Astoria arcs, I don't get all the threads like I would in iTrials, but I can finish Heather Townsend's arc in less time that it would take to recruit and fill a UGT. (about 10 minutes)

I logged in a new-ish 50, needing some commons, and some incarnate xp, and Lambda is one of the first iTrials, geared for newish 50's. I'm quite aware that some do "SLams", a speed lambda - ignore turrets, ignore street spawns, just clobber the required amount of npcs, kill the EB, get the temp powers, smack down the AV. Simple enough. 

Certainly not all - but this morning, a leader recruited for a lambda, not a SLam - yet upon entry, a SLam is what it was. 

And here is where I feel like I've failed the server: The leader had no idea it was a "SLam", nor did he have any experience ever clearing the streets or the turrets. This was all he knew. Maybe he/she was one of the new players that never played in live, I really don't know. 

So, I want to apologize for getting too impatient in my older age. I thought I would get more patient as I got older, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I am hoping that realizing how I've failed, I'll focus on being more patient and leading more trials with clear, concise instructions that aren't done by frantic typing in all capital letters. Macros are a great tool. All leaders that type less than 30 correct words per minute should use them, or if they absolutely must, use discord or some other voice service. 

• Like 2

Yep.

The more folks are exposed to something, the more it becomes the norm.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum