Shield secondary (Sentinel)

Bathunk

I am certain this has been discussed a number of times before, but my search function didn't show up many (if any at all) topics, so here is mine. I don't know if this would be possible, since Sentinel are ranged builds, and I assume this is the reason behind them not being capable of choosing a Shield as their secondary power set. However I think this is erroneous in theme and concept. Obviously I don't know the ins and outs of such an undertaking, but this would be the single greatest concept build for me if ever made possible. The idea of an amalgamation of Superman and Captain America, or any number of similar Ranged/Shield heroes/villains in comic book lore would serve as bountiful inspiration for such. Guardian, Patriot, any other gun using, shield hoisting, entity you could envision. Or hand-blasting, shield toting, individual. So, if possible, please consider it. And if not possible, any explanation as to the "why" of it wouldn't go amiss. Cheers.

• Like 1

I think the issue that prevents Shield from being proliferated over to Sentinels is that the animations are all wonky.

Most melee powersets have supplemental animations to work with Shield Defense, ensuring that attack animations compliment its presence on the character. However, certain powersets that were implemented late (Psi Melee/Savage Melee) as well as certain animations from Ancillary/Patron power pools dont have these animation changes and you can sorta see how awkward it can look.

They'd probably have to institute limitations on what powersets it works with, like they did for shield and certain weapons.  Sentinels also get a different version/a reworked version of the armor sets, so shield would probably get changed as well...

Assault rifle is held with right, shield is on the left.. possible clipping.  Id be on board with it

While Dual Pistols animations are that of a muppet on coke, maybe Flamboyant Riot Shield Man?

Would also be a perfect fit for Elec Blast since they will be in melee anyways for Short Circuit