Suddenly, crashes, but only in Pocket D.

Sovera

I hope it was just today. But I went from a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry occasional crash to have four under five minutes. The third one I even rebooted the computer but no go.

I can play for hours doing TF after TF with multiple characters using powers and graphical explosions and lots of moving NPCs. But I sit down to just type and this happens:

The error occurred in cityofheroes.exe at relative address 0x562150.

Google was of no help. Do we have a 'things to try before giving up'?

• Game Master

Well, the usual advice:
-- Try revalidating files from Tequila.

-- If your computer has pending updates, let it update and restart before trying it again.

-- Do other games crash when you type in them?  Does this crash happen in any other programs?  Which ones?

-- Check Device Manager: any yellow triangle-marked hardware in the keyboards or mice category?  Any "Unknown Device" category or items with Yellow Triangles elsewhere?  This may mean missing drivers.

-- Windows 10: try a memory diagnostic.  Press START, then type "Memory Diagnostic". 

Probably more direct than any of that: there should be a file in the "crash" folder if the Crash Reporter is working.  If you find one with a date from the same day of the crash, mind turning in a Support ticket and uploading that report to us?  (Even if it's not from the same day, it could be a clue.)

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.