CoH Setup Info and Community Guide

GM Dredd

• Retired Game Master

Some of the good folks doing volunteer tech support duty have put together a guide to getting in the game, the status of the projects, and many common problems that are encountered when trying to play. Please take a look here for a ton of helpful and frequently updated information.

http://city-representative.network/coh/

Small note: it's strongly recommended to download the game via torrent instead of through Tequila. The servers hosting Tequila content can't manage the load and as a result the download is abysmally slow. Using the torrent download and then installing Tequila into the folder where the game was downloaded lets Tequila skip most of the download and gets you ready to play much faster.

Small note: it's strongly recommended to download the game via torrent instead of through Tequila. The servers hosting Tequila content can't manage the load and as a result the download is abysmally slow. Using the torrent download and then installing Tequila into the folder where the game was downloaded lets Tequila skip most of the download and gets you ready to play much faster.

Sorry, new here, first question.  Downloaded Tequila, not seeing anything that says "Install CoH" or, if I've already done it, "Launch Game."  Will the magnet link one have those?

Either way, help out a total re-noob who loved this game and wants to come back, Daddy-O.

Downloaded Tequila, not seeing anything that says "Install CoH" or, if I've already done it, "Launch Game."
Tequila will automatically download COH's files to the same directory. It displays a progress bar on the bottom. No additional installation is required for COH to run.

Will the magnet link one have those?
No, just a pre-installed copy of issue 24 data. The reason I recommend using the magnet link first is that it uses BitTorrent to create a decentralized distribution network supported by the users themselves, whereas Tequila just downloads the files from a small group of hosting servers which are buckling under the recent MAJOR spike in demand. The magnet is both faster and reduces the load on Tequila's content servers.

I have a question. I see that Tequila placed the CoH files all over the folder I installed it in.. I would like to clean up the CoH files so they are in one folder with Tequila.. I did the Tequila install method btw. so that I can set up my mastermind keybind txts. is there a list somewhere that I can see what Tequila installs so I can gather them up and place them in a CoH folder?

Hello all,

So I've been trying to download the files with Tequila the past 3-4 days (leaving it running for at least 24+ hours) but it always hangs on downloading texture_gui.pigg file (which seems to be the 2nd file to download).

Getting fed up with it, came here and it seems the only other method to download files is to torrent the files.

From this link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OQ68rHr_BbA9QoHEEx9atG-xZiMFKCiXZVDPQ1JvrKc/edit#

I saw there was an updated torrent link there...so I installed qBittorrent (?) on my laptop and used the torrent link found in the latest update but that doesn't seem to be moving at all either.

Am I missing something?

Hello all,

So I've been trying to download the files with Tequila the past 3-4 days (leaving it running for at least 24+ hours) but it always hangs on downloading texture_gui.pigg file (which seems to be the 2nd file to download).

Getting fed up with it, came here and it seems the only other method to download files is to torrent the files.

From this link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OQ68rHr_BbA9QoHEEx9atG-xZiMFKCiXZVDPQ1JvrKc/edit#

I saw there was an updated torrent link there...so I installed qBittorrent (?) on my laptop and used the torrent link found in the latest update but that doesn't seem to be moving at all either.

Am I missing something?

Stop using Tequila, it sucks at downloading  big files.

See my guide, look at my siggy and use the magnet link in my thread in my post near the bottom of page one.  Be sure to update the tequila.xml from the torrent to the one in my OP, see attachment.

magnet link:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:FD5ADD155E5FD01D6013B026A8766E56C2841E3D&dn=City%20of%20Heroes

Just checked it and download should be really quick. Downloading at 8.0MB/s for me which means dl complete under 10mins.  30+ seeds.  Be aware this a trackerless torrent. 

While the torrent is downloading the files be sure to read ALL my guide and look through the posts too all the way to the end of page 4.

All,

I don't know if this goes here. If not, tell me where to go

I downloaded the game. I try to login and it says my username or password is wrong. But it isn't. I logged in exactly the same I did to post this.

What is wrong with it? Has anyone else had this issue?

same

and i tried changing pw and double/triple checking,  one time it opened a second window and it was the game, wich i played for bout an hour, on a empty server just city map i could run around , but  do nothing and no enemies, just a few npcs with numbers as names,    when i closed and retried to get into game, same as before.  wrong pw or something keeps poping up

Ok,  fixed it and got a server select screen this time.

i just clicked the link that a mod posted here to the game account creation section, and redid my PW , again, an this time it worked, not sure what changed . 

one time it opened a second window and it was the game, wich i played for bout an hour, on a empty server just city map i could run around , but  do nothing and no enemies, just a few npcs with numbers as names,    when i closed and retried to get into game, same as before.
Sounds like you started Titan Icon rather than Homecoming.

hi i started playing the game everything was great, then all of a sudden i got booted out last night, i thought there was a patch or something.. but now when i start my tequila program, once its done loading it just closes on its own.. can anyone help me? i cant play the game anymore :(

Tequila should say "Homecoming" now where it used to say "SCORE."  Make sure you close it completely and reopen it so that it can patch the game files if necessary.  If you look under "Options" there's a box you can check that will close Tequila automatically once the CoH clients starts.  That way you will always have to restart it and get the latest updates.

Tequila should say "Homecoming" now where it used to say "SCORE."  Make sure you close it completely and reopen it so that it can patch the game files if necessary.  If you look under "Options" there's a box you can check that will close Tequila automatically once the CoH clients starts.  That way you will always have to restart it and get the latest updates.

This the game updated a few days ago so you should have COH HOMECOMING now instead of SCORE. 

I just had someone in discord have a similar issue and it turned out his anti virus flagged score as a virus yet he was playing fine last night. He had to whitelist score again.

If you still have score instead of homecoming on the launcher try revalitdating and it you have issues see my guide for some fixes, see link in my siggy.  You may have to delete the tequila.xml and tequila reg keys and reset install path.

• 3 weeks later

Hello i have set up a user name here like it says. when i pen the game it tells me user name and pass word not found. any words of advice

Did you go to https://score.savecoh.com/account/ and set up a game account?  You can use the same login as you did for the forum account if you want, but you still have to go set it up there.

same issue, what do i do my dudes

• 1 month later
  • Jimmy unpinned this topic