Reaction Time: Calling all numbers crunchers!

Lockpick

I wrote a post about Martial Combat vs. Ninja Tools and I bashed Reaction Time a bit when comparing it to Kuji-Toh and I declared Kuji-Toh the winner between the 2 powers.  I am no longer sure if that is the case.

In my write up on Reaction Time I wrote, "I am not a fan of the slow aura in Reaction Time as it aggros enemies, which is a pain when trying to stealth missions.  I do like the Absorb and the Recovery of this power, which is why I have the power rated 2 (or 5).  I love it in combat, but don't like it when traveling or try to stealth.  I also am not a fan of the effects when turning the power off.  Why would you get effects when you turn it off?  Very hokey IMO.  I expect there must be some way to leverage the 40% Recharge in Reaction Time, but I haven't found it as yet.  If someone has some experience or thoughts in leveraging Reaction Time to boost things like Hasten, I would definitely be interested in the feedback."

Since that post I have gone back to my DP/MC character.  I still dislike the aggro and think the turn off mechanism is hokey, but I have been experimenting with turning the power on when I enter a mission and turning it off. I might do this a couple of time in a mission while watching Hasten recharge numbers.  It looks like Hasten recharge is being lowered by 7 to 8 seconds on occasion when I turn this power off and a bit later Hasten's recharge is increased. 

I wanted to ask the number crunchers here (Bopper, et al) about the optimal slotting for this power and whether there is any guidance on how to use this power to help push perma-Hasten.  

Questions:

• How often would I need it to hit to be effective in getting perma-Hasten?
  • How much recharge can I expect to get from this power based on the Recharge Guide formulas? 
  • How valuable is the absorb component and should it be slotted for Heal?  (Right now I have it 2 slotted with Performance Shifter + End and End Mod)
  • What is the optimal slotting to get best benefits?

In Game Description and Numbers:

You attune yourself to the world around you, moving with preternatural speed. All enemies nearby move slowly and have reduced recharge, and you can absorb small amounts of damage every 2 seconds. When Reaction Time is deactivated, you gain a burst of speed for a short duration, increasing your own recharge and move speed.

+70.00%% run speed on self Ignores buffs and enhancements

+70.00%% fly speed on self Ignores buffs and enhancements

+70.00%% jump speed on self Ignores buffs and enhancements

+40.00%% strength to recharge on self Ignores buffs and enhancements

+70.00%% strength to jump height on self Ignores buffs and enhancements

3.50 max run speed on self Ignores buffs and enhancements

60.24 max absorption on self unresistable

+71.20%% recovery rate on self unresistable

Link to thread.

You should be able to get a permanent +40% rech from the power if that is your goal and you micromanage it.

I wouldn't do that myself. I'd probably shut it off as the spawn dies and then turn it right back on as I'm zipping to the next.

How much rech will that give you over time? how fast do you kill each spawn?

On 1/18/2020 at 7:55 PM, Frosticus said:

You should be able to get a permanent +40% rech from the power if that is your goal and you micromanage it.

I wouldn't do that myself. I'd probably shut it off as the spawn dies and then turn it right back on as I'm zipping to the next.

How much rech will that give you over time? how fast do you kill each spawn?

It doesn't seem to work each time it is turned off, so there is probably some delay.  The micromanagement is to painful to deal with, half the time I run without it on at all and only turn it on when I realize my endurance is low.

Not a number cruncher, but the way I use it is to turn it off after a spawn to give my slow recharge powers a nudge to ensure readiness for the next spawn if I'm on a fast moving team.

Otherwise I just leave it on and consider the recharge bonus a nice touch but nothing else, really.

On 1/22/2020 at 3:00 AM, Wintercat said:

Not a number cruncher, but the way I use it is to turn it off after a spawn to give my slow recharge powers a nudge to ensure readiness for the next spawn if I'm on a fast moving team.

Otherwise I just leave it on and consider the recharge bonus a nice touch but nothing else, really.

That seems to be the best option, I just find the mechanic weird.  Are there any other powers where you get some type of enhancement when you turn the power off?  Just seems strange to me...