Dark Armor Tank

Snarky

I have a 50 Dark/Dark Brute i shelved with no I/O. I am sort of unsure how to i/o it.  Since i get distracted about as easy as a kitten in a room of laser pointers i started thinking about the Tank changes and whether i should do the concept as a Dark/Dark Tank

my questions for you good (and villainous) Tankers has to do with the strange Dark powers that semi-stealth the character.  I really like the entire Dark Armor set. Does this not work well on Tanks and does it interfere with Tanking?  

any ither thoughts in tanking on dark i may need to look out for. 

oh and lastly does anyone have a real upscale dark/dark build. Pure resist. I dont trust Def on this as it evaporates.  Or a Brute, i may end up there lol

Which tanker change would benefit a dark melee tank?   AFAIK, most of the changes increased base damage (all), and many cone/aoe ranges, as well as an increase in targets affected by said AOE's.   Dark melee is a GREAT survival melee set (due to fear and a melee heal), but has no functional AOE's.

If you were dark/fire or dark/spines, dark/titan, etc, I would understand the desire for the change.

25 minutes ago, Seigmoraig said:

Well Dark Consumption hits 16 targets now along with the range buff and shadow maul also hits 10 targets and has the range buff.
Not sure you will ever be seeing Shadow Maul hit 10 but the more you hit with dark consumption, the better it is

I said functional, as dark consumption has a base recharge of 180 seconds, and soul drain is 120 seconds (while the changes will improve the targets hit, these will not benefit from the tank changes, like fire/spines/axe/mace, etc).

I'm just saying, if you want the benefits from the tanker changes, dark melee seems to benefit the least of the tanker secondary sets.

I run a lot of Dark Melee. Much like Super Strength ( in a very different way ) it is already a very strong set.  It provides a swiss pocket knife for helping your build play well while still doing top not h ST damage.  The changes to Tankers, honestly, are not well tailored to benefit Dark Melee.  However, any benefit to Dark Melee makes a very good to great set (depending on playstyle and enhancers) a Great to Incredible set.  As we all know moving the dial up once you near the top is not easy. This change gives more Damage Buffs easier to hit End replenishment, makes Shadow Maul marginally more useful (and i have learned to like the unchanged version)

so, no, the Tanker changes were not spectacular for Dark Melee.  But when you are already flying a little tailwind is just fun