Is it possible to be booked by a contact without doing the first mission?

Heraclea

I did a random Tsoo mission for an IP contact.  She then offered me the Tsoo Coup, which I remembered and specifically did not want.  IIRC that story line starts with a street hunt and ends with a series of five chained defeat alls on random maps.

She now appears with a book in my list.

Am I screwed?  Will test again when I'm sure I've outlevelled her.  But I really didn't want to run that story. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Just talking to the contact can start the story arc.  Best way to not do the arc but still remove it is to call the contact to complete a mission every 3 days.  You wont be able to auto-complete any other missiins while you concentrate on this, but you are allowed up to 3 books at a time so maybe it will work out for you.

Good luck!

I'll just run it for the merits after I have quite outlevelled it. 

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

If you click "Show me available missions" and one of the options is the start of a story arc, you're locked into that arc until you finish it, even if you accept the other mission, or don't select anything.

Once a story arc is opened, nothing can remove it,  other than completing it. Even switching sides will just hide it, and it will still take up one of your available story arc slots until you switch back and complete it.

Started running this one this morning and got to the final  mission before maintenance hit.  At level 46.  Still as tiresome as I remembered; forgot about all the locked doors. 

The base teleport 'exploit' has breathed new life into old content.  Still, this  had better yield 150 merits.

PS.  It got me 45 merits.  So it might be worth taking at 24 to run at 46.  No XP, and rather tiresome, but no complaints. 

Edited by Heraclea