Question for master builders

EmmySky

My enhancement tables are flipped up with the bottom showing then sunk into the wall, my intent is to make locker looking storage.  I have 12 in place but the last one just doesnt want to scootch.  It keeps jumping into the corner or jumping out from the wall.  

Not at home so I cant grab a screenie just now, but will add one when I am home if needed.  I just wanted to ask y'all if there is a known problem about them overlapping behind the wall?

On a positive note..once I get these lockers done my base will be done-ish lol...not sure anyone is ever really done.

Thanks for reading and helping if you can!

Edited by EmmySky

I’ve never experienced a problem with the storage not wanting to overlap, but I have experienced glitchy sections of wall. Try adding a floor surface that extends out past the wall (just to place your item, then you can remove) and see if that helps. Oh, and, this wouldn’t by chance be at a door junction? The editor does not like putting things in walls too close to a junction. 

I hope you get it to do what you want!

-Dacy 

Edited by Dacy

By chance are you setting the placement to "surface"?  I have seen this happen from time to time and was able to work around it by changing the placement to "floor" and them moving it into place - unless you are working in a doorway as @Dacy mentioned.  The editor seems to struggle with that.

Then it’s just a wonky segment of wall.  Sometimes you can get around that with the extended floor trick, sometimes it will reset itself after you’ve logged out at some point, sometimes you just have to adjust and work around it, either by moving all the items so that one fits, or by adjusting how far into the wall you place it. Sometimes you can get around some of the wonkiness by changing your view to from behind the wall, a technique I demonstrated in my video on dealing with editor quirks. 

I’m also quite willing to see if I can get it placed for you. 

-Dacy

Here is the wonky table.

I'll try your floor trick and update with how its going!  

Thanks for the advice and tips.

screenshot_200130-15-16-13.jpg

EDIT:  Apparently it was just glitchy this morning, when I got in there to work with it, it did just what I wanted!  Finished room, I'm not happy with it, but I need to brainstorm ideas to fix it.

Thanks again to everyone who chimed in with advice!

screenshot_200130-16-17-45.jpg

Edited by EmmySky
update
  • Like 1