Mental/Psi

Snarky

I ran a Grav/Nrg Dom for a whole.  But i am a min max builder and the thing is odd and clunky. As pointed out many times Grav is just not a great fit on Doms. 

i have been poking around looking for builds and info on the boards. I have found some interesting info but nothing that felt right

Does anyone have a “this one goes to 11” winterized purpled and ATO mind/psi build?  Would really appreciate it.  Doms and Blasters were where i chased unicorns back on live and never caught what i was looking for

If you are in to min/maxing I'd roll Dark/Psi before Mind/Psi.

A few reasons:

• Lots of late game mobs heavily resist Psi damage, so its a good idea to mix damage types.
  • Dark Control is overall very similar to Mind Control, but mostly superior.
    • You lose a non-aggro Sleep, the long recharging Mass Confusion, and the mystery power that is Telekinesis. Not overall bad powers, but....
    • In Dark you gain 2 pet powers, AoE immobilize, a hard Stun on a 90 second cooldown, and a superior AoE hold. 
    • Dark's -ToHit debuff keeps you safe even when mezzes dont work. (Mind Control has no secondary effect, not even the -Recharge on the Blast/Assault sets).
    • Because of the -ToHit, Dark has better proc slotting options too.

I'd love to see updates to Mind Control to bring it into alignment with the new meta. You can still play it if you want. But in terms of min maxing its hard for me to recommend it over Dark.

On 2/1/2020 at 12:33 PM, oedipus_tex said:

If you are in to min/maxing I'd roll Dark/Psi before Mind/Psi.

A few reasons:

• Lots of late game mobs heavily resist Psi damage, so its a good idea to mix damage types.
  • Dark Control is overall very similar to Mind Control, but mostly superior.
    • You lose a non-aggro Sleep, the long recharging Mass Confusion, and the mystery power that is Telekinesis. Not overall bad powers, but....
    • In Dark you gain 2 pet powers, AoE immobilize, a hard Stun on a 90 second cooldown, and a superior AoE hold. 
    • Dark's -ToHit debuff keeps you safe even when mezzes dont work. (Mind Control has no secondary effect, not even the -Recharge on the Blast/Assault sets).
    • Because of the -ToHit, Dark has better proc slotting options too.

I'd love to see updates to Mind Control to bring it into alignment with the new meta. You can still play it if you want. But in terms of min maxing its hard for me to recommend it over Dark.

I have a Mind/Psi and a Dark/Savage and I agree with all this. Dark will be better for most playstyles.