Martial Arts Proc Questions

Duck-Smokes-Quack

Hi guys,

Quick couple questions re: the original ass kicking powerset MA

• Anyine know roughly the global recharge needed to run the max DPS chain: CAK>SK>CS>SK ? Trying to see if i can ditch hasten from my build (MA/SR fyi)
    (^ Answered by the ever helpful Redlynne)

• Anyone know much about procs? I dont. I have the Heactomb proc in CAK and i notice that a fair bit! I noticed today that CAK actually takes -DEF sets! I know people love Katana (as an example) for the ability to slot the Achillies -res proc. Im guessing this is a must for MA these days since so much of our damage is heavily resisted
    Yay / Nahy to the following:
    • -res proc in CAK
    • -tohit (purple) proc in CS (bearing in mind im /SR thought this could help against AVs etc? or should i just bang a damage proc here?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Duck-Smokes-Quack

On 2/4/2020 at 7:22 PM, Duck-Smokes-Quack said:

-tohit (purple) proc in CS (bearing in mind im /SR thought this could help against AVs etc? or should i just bang a damage proc here?

AVs will resist 85% or more of the debuff, which isn't really high anyway. Damage proc.

In general, -Resist procs will help more against AVs, and damage procs will help more against Minions or LTs, and for Bosses I'm not sure but I'd lean towards the -Res.

4 hours ago, Coyote said:

AVs will resist 85% or more of the debuff, which isn't really high anyway. Damage proc.

In general, -Resist procs will help more against AVs, and damage procs will help more against Minions or LTs, and for Bosses I'm not sure but I'd lean towards the -Res.

Oh ok ... so very very marginal then

• I very much doubt the Absolute Amazment -tohit proc is worthit in Cobra Strike then. Probably better off with a damage proc (Touch of death maybe for nice Energy Damage) 

• Crippling Axe Kick ... Still not sure. Im no math wiz but for example if i were fighting an AV, Youre saying that they resist 85% of debuff? So something like 8% + damage on all attacks (including team mates) for its duration (bearing in mind MA has a lighning fast attack chain)

A damage proc like Touch of death would fire off 3 x times in a min for about 1200 damage roughly. So Im still not sure - i think the damage proc might actually be better unless you were on a mega team pumping out crazy numbers but I am not sure 

The thing that stays in the back of my mind is how much -res procs seems to matter in top DPS builds and maybe I am badly undervaluing them

1: a damage proc should fire off more than 3 times a minute, in general, because you get to speed up your attack rate with global recharge, and that doesn't lower the chance of a proc activating. So if a proc should activate 3 times a minute based  on the power's enhanced recharge time, but you fire the power twice as often because you have +150% Recharge from global bonuses and Hasten, you may get it to activate 6 times in a minute. However, the proc does 71 damage at 50, so that could be 300 damage in a minute, not 1200.

2: I am afraid that I did not specify enough. AVs have very high resistance to SOME debuffs, such as -ToHit, -Defense, and -Regeneration. They do NOT have any special resistance to -Damage and -Resistance. So a -10% ToHit debuff is like -1.5%... but a -10% Resist debuff remains at -10%.

14 minutes ago, Coyote said:

1: a damage proc should fire off more than 3 times a minute, in general, because you get to speed up your attack rate with global recharge, and that doesn't lower the chance of a proc activating. So if a proc should activate 3 times a minute based  on the power's enhanced recharge time, but you fire the power twice as often because you have +150% Recharge from global bonuses and Hasten, you may get it to activate 6 times in a minute. However, the proc does 71 damage at 50, so that could be 300 damage in a minute, not 1200.

2: I am afraid that I did not specify enough. AVs have very high resistance to SOME debuffs, such as -ToHit, -Defense, and -Regeneration. They do NOT have any special resistance to -Damage and -Resistance. So a -10% ToHit debuff is like -1.5%... but a -10% Resist debuff remains at -10%.

Oh thanks!

Super helpful in which case that settles it Ill keep the -res proc in CAK and ditch the -tohit proc in CS and replace with a nice damage proc