SG Base & AH

Seynasha

If it's at all possible, it would be nice to be able to access the Auction House from the base. My SG leader has put sooo much time and energy into our base to make it a quick and convenient space for all of us yet there's no access to the AH. It's the one missing element. I'm not saying we need an NPC for the AH in the base but to be able to use the /ah command while we're in base would be nice. I hope you take this suggestion into consideration.

Thank you!

40 minutes ago, Seynasha said:

If it's at all possible, it would be nice to be able to access the Auction House from the base. My SG leader has put sooo much time and energy into our base to make it a quick and convenient space for all of us yet there's no access to the AH. It's the one missing element. I'm not saying we need an NPC for the AH in the base but to be able to use the /ah command while we're in base would be nice. I hope you take this suggestion into consideration.

Thank you!

As has been pointed out in previous posts asking about this, it is apparently contrary to the coding of how bases are. They are kind of like pocket dimensions and not in the same game world space as the zones we can access the AH from.

Really the only other fix seems to be to remove the /ah feature so people have to use the wentworths again. At least then people would stop asking for the command to be usable everywhere. Just yesterday i had a guy griping about not being able to /ah in mish to by a wakie insp. Because yes some people actually do want to be able to shop while in mish.

Bentley's right, it's a technical limitation rather than a convenience thing. To elaborate a little further, the AH is something that needs to be downloaded to the mapserver when it gets called to be used. For most of the city zones, it's in use enough that it's worth the server load. In missions and in SG bases, it would need to be constantly downloaded all over the place. I believe it was tried before with devastating effects on connectivity.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

As has been pointed out in previous posts asking about this, it is apparently contrary to the coding of how bases are. They are kind of like pocket dimensions and not in the same game world space as the zones we can access the AH from.

Really the only other fix seems to be to remove the /ah feature so people have to use the wentworths again. At least then people would stop asking for the command to be usable everywhere. Just yesterday i had a guy griping about not being able to /ah in mish to by a wakie insp. Because yes some people actually do want to be able to shop while in mish.

Well that's about as far from a "fix" as you can possibly get, so there's that...

EDIT: /ah was a veteran reward back on live, and pretty much every other veteran reward has been either passed out for free or is purchasable for inf at the P2W vendor so I don't see /ah going away anytime soon.

Edited by macskull
more stuff

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube