Some pre-build homework for my Fire Dominator

Generator

Hey everyone,

So I think it's finally time to relaunch my Fire^3 Dominator that I used to have back on Pinnacle.  Of all of my dominators, he was the only one I built to actually go perma-Dom, and while I found that extremely busy to play (you had to juggle Hasten, Domination, and Ageless Destiny, and of course you can only auto one, and if I let those things get out of sync, everything kind of went to hell for a minute or so), it was a lot of fun.

Before I go dig his build out an try and update it, I figured I'd ask about a few of the Fire Control powers.

Bonfire: back in 2012 this never seemed particularly useful.  But it strikes me that nowadays, a KB > KD piece makes this a lot more usable.

Hot Feet: never used it, the Fear effect was too annoying.  Not going to change tacks on this now.

Fire Cages: in perusing some Controller and Dominator posts it seems like these days, the AOE Immobilizes are a popular place to put 5 pieces of the ATO set that summons the Orb (I think for Doms it's Dominating Grasp?). Fair enough.  (As an aside, is there a consensus on which  piece folks don't slot?)

Apart from that, Char, and Flashfire, and Cinders, and Imps, and burn 'em all down, right?  😉

Any feedback on the three I mention above would be great.

Thanks, and have a good day!

Generator

Bonfire also takes Force Feedback for extra Recharge when you use it.

Fire Cages shouldn't get more than the Fiery Orb ATO from that set, because the set has a lot of Recharge enhancing in it, which isn't needed... and will actually lower the chance to summon the Orb. Generally, the best place for that ATO IMO would be an AoE attack that accepts it, but not all AoE attacks do. For example Fissure does... but Psy Shockwave doesn't.

With Bonfire and Fire Cages used actively, the Fear from Hot Feet shouldn't be a problem, but that's your call to make. Especially given that the /Fire secondary plays well at range so it may not make full use of Hot Feet.

6 minutes ago, Coyote said:

With Bonfire and Fire Cages used actively, the Fear from Hot Feet shouldn't be a problem, but that's your call to make. Especially given that the /Fire secondary plays well at range so it may not make full use of Hot Feet.

I recall this guy doing his work form multiple ranges.  I'm in to use Incinerate and Combustion, I'm back to use Breath, I'm blasting, I'm all over the damn place.

Good point about the proc chance, I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

• 3 weeks later

If it's wasn't for the new KB->KD in Bonfire, I'd say that if you're skipping Hotfeet, then why bother with Fire?    Without Hotfeet's extra dmg, you might as well pick a set like Earth with more control and mitagation. But Bonfire is so broken with the KD proc that it can probably justify Fire all on it's own.  And there's that you're recreating a toon from live...

But seriously Hotfeet is an insane amount of basically free dmg since it happens while using other powers.  As for things running in fear....you're a dominator,  not even AV's can run from you for very long....