After 10 years ...

Carandiru

Today, I installed and started playing again! What a wonderful initiative! Very homesick. I played CoH almost 8 or 9 years ago (paid account)

What's different that I need to know about 10 years ago? On the server, game system, any significant changes?

Sorry for my english, im brazilian(don't judge me because of some, i'm not a toxic player.) i don't speak very well, but o try(the game is good for training).

Hugs for all...

• Like 2

Hello Carandiru and welcome home.

On the homecoming server there are no major differences.

There is the sentinel archtype to play, haven't tried it yet so can not help you there.

There are some extra badges to get. All pvp zones have 8 exploration badges now, There are 2 story arcs, one for vigilantes and one for rogues. And all the anniversary badges can be bought from Luna at Ouroboros in May for 100 reward merits each. Also you get a badge and some empyrean merits for each third veteran level after 50.

Null the Gull at Pocket D can change your allignment now.

And there is the P2W-vendor (T4V in praetoria) where you can get xp boosts and usefull powers (the old veteran powers).

Excelsior is a great shard to play on 🙂

Greetings

Sealdy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sealdy said:

Hello Carandiru and welcome home.

On the homecoming server there are no major differences.

There is the sentinel archtype to play, haven't tried it yet so can not help you there.

There are some extra badges to get. All pvp zones have 8 exploration badges now, There are 2 story arcs, one for vigilantes and one for rogues. And all the anniversary badges can be bought from Luna at Ouroboros in May for 100 reward merits each. Also you get a badge and some empyrean merits for each third veteran level after 50.

Null the Gull at Pocket D can change your allignment now.

And there is the P2W-vendor (T4V in praetoria) where you can get xp boosts and usefull powers (the old veteran powers).

Excelsior is a great shard to play on 🙂

Greetings

Sealdy

Tks! 🙂

Welcome!  Your avatar looks good.

Sealdy summed it up nicely.  There have been a few other significant changes to how characters play that you might want to scan the details on:

Snipes

Dominator Assault Sets

Tanker buffs (including minor Brute changes)

...as well as some new IO sets.

Net takeaway from the above:  snipes are much more useful and harder-hitting, Dominators and Tankers are improved, Brutes are slightly less potent in the extreme corner cases (mostly soloing) but their performance on teams is improved measurably.

Edited to add: 

Bases no longer cost prestige; you should be able to build base items without a supergroup or earning any prestige (which doesn't exist any more).

Edited by Sailboat
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1