Is there any way to increase the render distance for objects?

Grimm001

It just seems as thought the render distance is awfully short as it currently is. I mean, I can be in an office building instance and the desk on the other side of the room doesn't render until I'm about halfway through the room heading towards it.

This is an absolute nightmare if you're using super jump on interior maps (the instant you leap, furniture just magically appears and blocks you since you couldn't see it ahead of time to avoid it).

It currently feels like all of my characters are horribly near-sighted.

Is there a way to adjust this in the options that I missed?

I believe there is a setting under the Graphics & Audio tab in the Options window for "world detail".  I think it's one of the sliders, should be relatively easy to find.

I'll give that a try. Thanks for the info.

Even with that, the underlying engine can be kind of dumb about how it draws things in.

They worked on it a little bit but one time when I was flying over the docks in Peregrine Island I saw the detail draw in from furthest to closest distance. Literally:

- the water

- the pylons

- the supports

- the dock and street surface

and finally when I was closest

- the ferry.

There was a period when I was in missions and I would be running at a group of foes and suddenly a trash can would draw in right in front of me. WHAM! Fortunately the worst of it got fixed but I do still sometimes see things pop in much closer than they should have been. But that's just typical for some of this game's wonky coding, right? At least it's more like small glitch level and not actually affecting play (anymore).

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!