Tough/Flex with shield animation

KalSpiro

I use Tough a lot and I hate the gorilla chest beat animation, so I always change it to Flex.  My Shield Brute is no exception.  However, whenever I activate Tough while the shield is out the animation is the chest beat, even though I've verified repeatedly that it shouldn't be.  I also verified that while the shield is not out if I activate Tough I get the Flex animation.  And it isn't like it can't do that animation with a shield, Against All Odds ends with that animation.  So I have to assume it's a bug, and it's been a bug for a long while too.  I originally noticed it a couple patches ago and wasted a bunch of inf on costumes trying to fix it, then gave up and forgot about it for a while until I noticed it again today.

• Thanks 1

Virtue Shard:

Quick Shot Kid

Liberty Vanguard

Gleaming Spark

Shadow Squirrel

• 11 months later
  • 4 weeks later

Bugs the hell out of me as well. The problem is that the Flex animation isn't put together to accommodate a shield and therefore it defaults back to the original chest-pound - therefore the way to fix it would be to make a new "Flex animation with shield" animation for it though and I don't know how easy that'll be.

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry