Thugs beat robots in pvp? How?!

Lunatyk

4 hours ago, Sonya Bladecki said:

I understand there needs to be balance in the game, but that really takes out the realism that thugs are able to beat robots in PVP.

Thugs are just a flat out better set for the most part at the moment, IO changes and balancing really gave them a lot... Thug's Gang War in particular makes Thugs devastating in a way that Robot's base damage just isn't even with said -regen. Thugs also give Tactics which helps break down the Defense barriers some may or may not have.

Edited by 33053222

1 hour ago, 33053222 said:

Thugs are just a flat out better set for the most part at the moment, IO changes and balancing really gave them a lot... Thug's Gang War in particular makes Thugs devastating in a way that Robot's base damage just isn't even with said -regen. Thugs also give Tactics which helps break down the Defense barriers some may or may not have.

Also thugs can easily fit all the defensive uniques while robots fundamentally cannot without sacrificing damage/accuracy slotting. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 33053222 said:

Yes I used to be a huge believer that you really couldn’t beat a Bots/ Time for MM.  softcapped defense and Botsdid good damage from range, as long as you could learn how to keep them fighting at range.

But the MM fixes and new IO’s from HC pretty much have me sold that Thugs/Time and Thugs/Storm are pretty much the top performers now.

On 2/26/2020 at 9:52 PM, Sonya Bladecki said:

I understand there needs to be balance in the game, but that really takes out the realism that thugs are able to beat robots in PVP.

Realism?  In a comic book super hero game where people routinely fly by act of will, control gravity and time, magic is an actual THING, we have hoards of alien invaders and parallel dimension evil-opposite-universe counterparts, and ....

"Realism".  That's a good one.  🙂

On 2/26/2020 at 9:52 PM, Sonya Bladecki said:

Think of Bots as having stupid level AI and Thugs are just a murderous street gang and Thugs will get the advantage just by being human street smart.

• Like 1