Unable to convert an attuned IO by category

Lysander

I've been attempting to convert a specific, attuned Sniper IO (Exploit Weakness: Damage/Range), by category, but in the drop-down menu I'm only being presented with the "Rarity: Uncommon" option. In other words the convert utility will not present me with the choice to convert this IO by category, but instead is only presenting me with the convert by rarity option. This is the only IO that I've had any difficult with in this regard. 

Here's a pic:

screenshot_200226-19-11-40.jpg

7 hours ago, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

It's because there's no other snipe set at the bottom of its level range. Just convert to a different uncommon to get to something that'll convert to rare.

Ah HA! Dang, what a huge amount of time I wasted trying to figure that out with a GM when all I had to do, apparently, was come here. Thanks, VB.

It seems to be the case for any Enhancement that has part of its range where it doesn't overlap with others. I can convert sniper sets into an Exploit Weakness, but not convert one out of it. This also holds true for things like Cloud Senses and Siphon Insight, which are 10-30 and 30-50. Cloud Senses won't convert within category; Siphon Insight will offer the option to convert within category, but the conversion always fails.

Whether this is a bug or working as intended, I have no idea.

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!

I believe it's working as intended. If you had a level 10 of the IO you wouldn't expect it to convert by category since there's no other snipe at level 10. Since an attuned works as a level 10 if you happen to be fighting at level 10, the same holds for them.