Pets are squishy?

Renmazuo

Hey everyone,

Just looking for some help here, my MM is 20-ish and currently I am rolling bots/traps but my bots seem to be very squishy. Usually I team with someone else, so a party of two, and an orange/red boss can just two shot one of my drones. Not sure if I am just missing something obvious or not.

Thanks.

Torchbearer - Aidel : Lvl 50 SJ/Bio Brute

Excelsior - Terzal : Lvl 50 Spines/Fire Brute - Hidal : Lvl 50 PB - Nyath : Lvl 50 SD/WM Brute - Quensha : Lvl 50 WS

Unfortunately Bots/Traps is rather squishy at that level so to some extent you'll have to just power through. The good news is that that is pretty much the low point and things will start getting better soon. In particular you'll get a big boost at level 22 (from defense SOs) and at level 24 (with your second protector bot).

There are a few things you can do in the long term to help as well. First make sure to slot both your Force Field Generator and Protector Bots for defense. Secondly, consider taking Provoke (and ideally at least one personal attack), Bots/Traps does well if you have enemies target the Mastermind so that damage is spread evenly among your pets using bodyguard mode. Third, the defense aura IOs (Edict of the Master and Call to Arms) are well worth taking since if you have both that's another 10% defense to stack with your FFG and Protector Bots (the resistance auras are nice to have but not as critical). Fourth Leadership is always a good chocie for Masterminds anyway (especially Tactics) and having Maneuvers will let you stack more defense.

Defender Smash!

Good to know, I just thought I was missing something important lol.

Torchbearer - Aidel : Lvl 50 SJ/Bio Brute

Excelsior - Terzal : Lvl 50 Spines/Fire Brute - Hidal : Lvl 50 PB - Nyath : Lvl 50 SD/WM Brute - Quensha : Lvl 50 WS