Would an all-in-one run CoX?

Gobbledygook

I'm looking to get a new PC in celebration of the only MMO I have ever enjoyed being back. I don't play any other games, and have been playing on my wifes' 7 year old laptop. Myself, I prefer desktops, just more comfortable to me. So my question is, do you think an budget all-in-one could handle it, or should I stick with a separate tower and monitor?

Any advice appreciated.

Depends on what it has in it.  Anything even mid-budget now will be overkill for this game as high end a decade ago is maybe low tier these days.  I have a laptop that is nearly 10 years old that will still play CoX on max settings (just did last night to see if it could do it).  So you should be good.

Now for personal reasons I would still suggest a monitor and tower just due to ease of fixing/upgrading as you want. Usually a better price point too.

Hold on wait wait!

I read elsewhere on the forums that Windows 10 + NEWER integrated graphics work terribly. If you're talking about an all in one system wouldn't it have an intel integrated graphics chip? Especially the newer ones will have problems with this old game. Get some specs and run them by the forum before you buy.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

Interesting. I'm running on a Surface Pro 3 with integrated graphics and it runs just fine. I have most graphics settings on the low end and I'm using 1440x900 but the only issue I'm seeing is the aspect ratio ones between the Surface and my external monitor.

I'm really not sure, I'm just clocking something I thought I saw in another thread.

I don't think it's ok to say "anything will do" in this kind of situation where we're trying to run older software. I just didn't want this guy to blow $600 and get a system that actually is kind of meh on this game. Just post the stats before you buy and the real experts can chime in.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

The computer itself is pretty irrelevant, anything you get today will run the game fine.

The sticking point is the video card.

On board graphics means you will be running at low, low settings.

Excelsior - Grey Scale 50+ Emp/Dark Def - Thermal Meltdown 50+ Rad/Fire Brute - Old Growth 50+ Plant Troll - Enrico Fermi 50+ Rad Blaster

I just ordered this little sucker for pretty cheap. That will run the game easily, and may also potentially let me develop for the game as well, once I get it up and running:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01K0GNUOG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So, yeah, it's an ancient game by computer standards. Whatever you get should be fine, if it's a desktop. Laptops are harder, since there's known issues with the onboard graphics cards working for them.

I'm out.

Just to update;

My wife went by herself to get the computer. While she did not get an all in one, shed did get one with on onboard graphics card.

She was mad when I sent her back to upgrade the graphics card. Apparently the dude at geeksquad told her she'd have to upgrade the powersupply as well, lol.