Ice/Spines END Issues whilst levelling

Redwood101

Hey everyone

So I've made a new Ice/Spines Tanker after hearing that this combination is unrivalled at securing aggro. I'm only at level 22 so far and whilst it's certainly a lot of fun, I'm really struggling with supporting so many toggles already (Heaven help me if I'm fighting Clockwork enemies!). Please guys I need advice - should I just *not* use certain toggles and wait until I'm a higher level?

I've 5 slotted Stamina already and whilst it's certainly helped I still cannot fight for prolonged periods of time. Help!

Your attack chain uses up endurance, your toggles use up endurance, your stamina at this time just offsets your toggles at best. Damage slots ensure you gain the most damage per endurance point but if you're weazing put end slots in your attacks just so you have more of an attack chains to the end bar. Get into SOs asap and do not slot more than 3 of them. You could post your current build and we can see if you're getting bang for buck out of your slots.

• Like 1

Some players make their characters all about them, if it doesn't help them, they don't want it, their build advice to you will ofcourse be about making your character the best thing that helps them too if they ever team with you, because it's always about them.

There's two IOs that will help tremendously and that you should try to get as soon as possible. 

Slot one Performance Shifter chance for +end in Stamina. And slot either one Miracle +recovery in Health or one Panacea chance for hit points/endurance. 

None of these are terribly expensive. Buy them as attuned enhancements from the auction house. 

• Like 1

At 26 you get Energy Absorption, which is an end recovery power (it saps end from mobs and gives it to you) it also gives you some defense.

As for slotting, you should only have 3 slots in stamina, anything beyond that (with Single Origin Enhancements or IOs level 30+), you'll hit the ED (Enhancement Diversification) cap and you will see no benefit.

Ice/Spines is a blast to play, mine is semi-retired, but was so much fun, especially after level 26

• Like 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

5-slotting stamina is odd... I can't think what you could put in that 5th slot in stamina that would possibly help.  Three end mod SO/IO's, one performance shifter chance for +end.... what do you have in the last one?

On teams, focus on holding aggro rather than doing enough damage to kill.  If running solo, try setting your team level to something like -1/4 to maximize your strengths. You're better at fighting a horde of low level targets with icicles and spine burst rather than a few tough targets.  

• Like 1

Thanks a ton to all of you that have replied here. This really highlights my ignorance on enhancement caps and the like. For those of you curious as to why I'd 5 slotted it, I'm extremely ignorant of enhancements and such so I simply thought more enhancements = more endurance.

All enhancements while levelling I've just found as loot other than the damage/recharge enhancements from the P2W vendor.

You'll get diminishing returns for overslotting any power with the same type of enhancement. It sort of depends on the strength of the enhancements but generally speaking you don't want more than 2, maybe 3 of the same type in a single power.

There's often other ways of improving your numbers that aren't immediately obvious. I highly recommend checking out the P2W Vendor and taking a look at everything they offer, including Temporary Powers. There's one called Recovery Serum that boosts endurance recovery by a solid amount--it's an absolute life saver for many of my characters at lower levels.