Dimension Shift and Pseudo Pets

oedipus_tex

What's the rule on Dimension Shift and pseudo pets? I was hoping to create a kind of terrarium for Tornado, Lighting Storm etc. Turns out this doesn't work. The storms don't affect the enemies. So maybe psuedo pets don't inherit the Intangible flag for being inside the shift, and also don't inherit the caster's Intangible status (I tried launching the storms while standing both inside and outside D Shifts). 

So that is what it is. But, next question. Does this mean Dimension Shift actually has a use as an immunity field to pseudo pets, effectively cancelling out all pseudo pets for both the players and the critters?

Due to the short duration of Dimension Shift its unlikely to be life changing, and I'd still never cast this on a team. But at least solo, assuming it works, could this be a novel way to make yourself immune to Burn patches and Caltrops?   

Before I go test it,has anyone tried it?

Edited by oedipus_tex

I figure that the rule of thumb for this kind of thing is whether or not the pseudopet can be $Targeted or not.  If the pseudopet cannot be $Targeted then it can't be affected by Phasing courtesy of Dimension Shift.

11 minutes ago, oedipus_tex said:

But at least solo, assuming it works, could this be a novel way to make yourself immune to Burn patches and Caltrops?

Could be.  Would make for an interesting "defensive" use of the power at least ...

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Ok here's where I do the "walkback post of shame."

I don't know what I was seeing that was making it seem like the psuedo pets weren't inheriting the Intangible flag from the owner. They are, in live time. When you enter or exit a D Shift any psuedo pets (or at least the Storm ones) appear to inherit the flags.

Which is probably good for balance but bad for people exploring ways to make D Shift a worthwhile power.

At least its cool looking 🙂

Ah ... in that case you might need to be inside the Shift long enough for it to toggle pulse to shift the caster (you) before you break out the pseudopet(s) so they can inherit your status inside the Shift.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

1 minute ago, Redlynne said:

Ah ... in that case you might need to be inside the Shift long enough for it to toggle pulse to shift the caster (you) before you break out the pseudopet(s) so they can inherit your status inside the Shift.

Yeah unfortunately that is probably what was happening.