Ill/Dark Controller attack chain help

FlatBottom

I am level 42

I have Phantasm and Phantom Army, Dark Servant, Spectral Terror, Tar Patch, and standard picks from ill/dark. I do not feel I have a good grasp for aoe openings and single target.

AOE

Do I Tar then Spectral Terror for AOE, then unleash Dark Servant and Phantoms?, blind and spectral wound to whittle down?

Single Target

Open with Phantoms, followed by Dark, then Twilight Grasp and Darkest Night

At the end of each fight I feel it was sub optimal but I can't place my finger on why. Any help would be appreciated.

Spectral Terror and then Tar Patch since it won't break the fear.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Your first choice for opener is always Phantom Army if it's recharged, since you can use it to help group up mobs that aren't all-ranged.

Then, you can go with either Darkest Night or Spectral Terror, both put out -ToHit so will mitigate return fire. ST is probably better since it will also Fear to prevent return fire. Also, use these when PA is not ready to cast.

After you have the defensive powers out, put down Tar Patch for damage and start attacking with Blind/SW.

If your defenses feel too strong (not taking damage), then you can skip either Darkest Night or Spectral Terror and get to doing damage sooner.

• Like 1

Wait, for single target why aren't you opening with deceive? It generates no aggro and it will leave the  foe unresisting. In fact if the foe is a buffer type character it might 

even buff you as your phantom army appears and rips it to shreds.

• Like 1

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!