Returning, returning player.

Jolin

So I came back last spring when news of HC broke. Got a little bored with easy mode. Now I'm back and was wondering the current state of WS v PB. I see a lot of buff PBs threads but Redlyne's post seem as if PB is the Uber. Just figuring out which to play with my limited time. 

Thanks

I've taken both to 50 in HC, and I have to say the PB was way easier and by the time I got to 50 I had perma light form/the dull pain power, and had even built with IOs to have pretty solid psionic resists as well. The PB could handle any and all content without a concern, and kicked out AoE damage like crazy.

That being said, the WS was more fun, as I played pretty  much dual form, human/dwarf. It was a ride, but pretty survivable and definitely brought some fun tools to the party. I would recommend WS for more interesting play, while my PB was tougher and probably 'easier' to build. Spent millions of inf though!

• 2 months later

Because of the way warshades depend upon enemies, warshade is a much more active playstyle and also much overall weaker solo than the PB. In groups, both can shine very well. Solo, PB clearly wins having self contained buffs and debuffs that depend on no interaction with the outside world to work. I started up a warshade and a PB and the PB is now 50+3 and the warshade is still 32 so that gives you an idea of my personal preferences. A res that depends on enemies nearby? Damage and resistance buffs that entirely depend on enemies nearby? I totally understand the playstyle, it's just not for me, I muuuuuch prefer the PB's self contained buffs.