So I just wanted to make a suggestion if the developers are able to do it for the ability to make custom phased worlds in the game if such a feature is not in already. My idea for how this would work would be you build your phased world via a top down menu and place down any type of building on it and landscape the world and change it's type of climate and environment as you please as you please. I feel a feature like this would be incredible for role-players as they would be able to create their own stories in their own custom worlds and even create their own quests in it to help boost engagement in their worlds.

You could have many player made events exclusive to their phased worlds as well, which would be a lot of fun. Any thoughts on this idea?

I wonder if there exists a technical way to copy mission-sized chunks of city maps into the AE editor. I'm not familiar with the map tools, but it seems like that would be the go between.

Copy chunk of city into AE > make your edits > create method to overlay your AE event as a phased instance in the real world.

I'm just musing, here. I don't think this is realistic. First step is still a way to run AE missions without the framing of "it's all pretend" wrecking your groove.

21 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

This isn't realistic at all.

Well I mean we have base building in the game already, I think this would mainly be an extension to that feature. But why do you say this? Is this because the developers are unable to add new content and are just hosts for the server? I would like a bit more context on this.

3 hours ago, EsidisiUltimateLifeform said:

Well I mean we have base building in the game already, I think this would mainly be an extension to that feature. But why do you say this? Is this because the developers are unable to add new content and are just hosts for the server? I would like a bit more context on this.

He says it's unrealistic because... it's unrealistic.  There's not that much more to say.

As an extension to base building, that's even more unrealistic.  (Even if basebuilding wasn't a dodgy kludge.)  A small map editor and a zone builder are...  Apples and the thing least like apples you can possibly imagine.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

As an add on to bases:

bases already suck the life out of the servers, especially the ones capping out item limit.  Now you wanna make it bigger (zone/world) which would require even more items which would suck more resources from the servers.

As an add on to AE:

quite possibly already doable in a limited fashion and without the weather type changes.

Unrealistic:

dev time is volunteer, and limited to what they each know.  Like, if there isnt someone familiar with how the base editor and items interact and are coded, that wont be something ever worked on.  Also they have spent a lot of time on the back end of things and it really seems that the front end stuff they are doing is to do stuff for things that are widely used and experienced rather than a niche concept like youve come up with.

I am not saying its a bad idea or wont ever happen, just trying to explain some of the push back youve received.

10 hours ago, EsidisiUltimateLifeform said:

Because City of Heroes doesn't work like you think it does. Also because of everything posted in the thread so far.

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

2 hours ago, EmmySky said:

As an add on to bases:

bases already suck the life out of the servers, especially the ones capping out item limit.  Now you wanna make it bigger (zone/world) which would require even more items which would suck more resources from the servers.

Do they? I was always under the impression that base maps don't really "exist" until someone is actually on them. Otherwise Everlasting would be crushed under the constant weight of dozens of huge, framerate-kneecapping bases!

Edited by Dreamboat

@Hissatsuman, you can mainly find me on Everlasting!

5 minutes ago, Dreamboat said:

Do they? I was always under the impression that base maps don't really "exist" until someone is actually on them. Otherwise Everlasting would be crushed under the constant weight of dozens of huge, framerate-kneecapping bases!

People are always popping in and out of them, especially on more populated servers, which adds to the resources used by drawing and redrawing the elements.  Honestly I am not sure how much they 'exist' if nobody is in them.

• Like 1