Was Mind Link Ever Nerfed?

Mids values are off, the multiplier for the power is set wrong in the Mids DB (should be 1 scalar instead of a 1.6). The in-game numbers have been the same as far as I know

Edited by Gyffes

That said, it has been nerfed. Hami-Os used to affect the recharge, they no longer do (but defense set IOs will) meaning you need more slots to max the recharge on it. I thought that it was also slottable for recharge during the beta for VEATs, but since it didn't come out of beta that way it doesn't count as a nerf - although it's stupid when you consider the stats on Farsight.

3 minutes ago, siolfir said:

That said, it has been nerfed. Hami-Os used to affect the recharge, they no longer do (but defense set IOs will) meaning you need more slots to max the recharge on it. I thought that it was also slottable for recharge during the beta for VEATs, but since it didn't come out of beta that way it doesn't count as a nerf - although it's stupid when you consider the stats on Farsight.

That wasn't a nerf specifically targeted at Mind Link but was a nerf to Hami-O's in general. I kinda miss those days because of the absolutely silly things you could do with Hami-O's and some specific powers.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

2 minutes ago, macskull said:

That wasn't a nerf specifically targeted at Mind Link but was a nerf to Hami-O's in general. I kinda miss those days because of the absolutely silly things you could do with Hami-O's and some specific powers.

I'm not disagreeing with that - the main reason was because people were using debuff HOs in place of buff HOs to get higher enhancement values, but it happened to also nerf Mind Link. I had to redo a Fortunata build from years ago - that I likely would've redone anyway, since it was from before ATOs were a thing - due to it using HOs for recharge.

Edited by siolfir