Proposed NEW In-Game Variables!

r0y

To the devs:

Currently, there are at least ten (10) in-game variables that I know of that are usable in chats:

$name = character name
$archetype = character AT
$level = character level
$primary = character's primary powerset
$secondary = character's secondary powerset
$battlecry = character's battlecry
$side = character's alignment (Hero or Villain)
$origin = character's origin (magic, natural, etc.)
$target = currently selected target
$server = 10.10.40.4 (not sure if this is a local, client-side IP or what)

What I would like to propose is the addition, if possible, of the following NEW in-game variables:

$team = current team number (1 through 6 when in a league, or just "1" when on a normal team or solo)

$slot = current slot on team (1 through 8, or just "1" when solo)

$shard = name of server (e.g. Everlasting, Reunion, etc.) {since $server seems to be taken}

There can be many more, of course, but with these three proposed new in-game variables, it will make cross-server chatting and in-game league coordination much easier.  For instance, I bind "Everlasting TF" channel to my CTRL+1 key with the following bind:

/bind CTRL+1 "afk Broadcasting on Everlasting TF...$$beginchat /send "Everlasting TFs" ($name, lvl $level $archetype): "

That way, it comes out with my current character's name, level and AT... fine for Everlasting TF, they'll know I'm on Everlasting; however, for other cross-server channels (e.g. Global), it would be nice to add $shard to let people know what server I am on.

Likewise, when in league play (e.g. Mothership Raid), I can have a macro or bind that calls out "$name on team $team, slot $slot - needs a T.P. back to the bowl!"  or similar.

How difficult is it to add these?  It seems the $primary, $secondary, and $side (and others?) were added after the sunset of the game (I assume), as they were not in the live game that I recall.

• Like 2

Other possibilities, but not as helpful would be things like:

$group = character's supergroup / villaingroup

$playedtime = amount of time played (equiv. to talking to a Civilian NPC who's name starts with "M")

$patrolcount / $patroltime = similar to Civilian NPC who's name starts with "N" / "O"

$helpflag = Help Me! / Helper / Roleplaying

Probably many others...

• Like 1

Just thought of something cool... fixed number of letter AT Abbreviations!  Figure 3-alphanumeric or fewer?

BLA=Blaster

CON=Controller

DEF=Defender

SCR=Scrapper

TNK=Tank

PB=Peacebringer

WS=Warshade

SEN=Sentinel

BRU=Brute  (or BRT?)

COR=Corrupter

DOM=Dominator

MM=Mastermind

STK=Stalker

SLD=Arachnos Soldier

WID=Arachnos Widow

I'd love to have abbreviated powersets, but that might be way too much (e.g. Fire Blast=FRBL, Time Manipulation=TIME, etc.  Maybe limit multi-word ones to a 2-alpha+2-alpha 4-letter combo?)

Then give an environment variable:  $abbrAT and $pri / $sec for abbreviated primary/secondary...

The biggest ones I want for my target macros:

$enemy_RankGM (Giant Monsters, not Game Masters)

$enemy_RankMonster

$enemy_RankAV

$enemy_RankElite

$enemy_RankBoss

$enemy_RankLT

$enemy_RankMinion

$enemy_RankUnder

That way you could macro through to target by enemy rank, it could help for filtering out Cimeroran Surgeons for instance, or a lot of other uses.

But I'm all for more variables.

Edited by SeraphimKensai
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

The biggest ones I want for my target macros:

$enemy_RankGM (Giant Monsters, not Game Masters)

$enemy_RankMonster

$enemy_RankAV

$enemy_RankElite

$enemy_RankBoss

$enemy_RankLT

$enemy_RankMinion

$enemy_RankUnder

That way you could macro through to target by enemy rank, it could help for filtering out Cimeroran Surgeons for instance, or a lot of other uses.

But I'm all for more variables.

Ooo, never thought about expanding the enemy tag in target_custom_next... very interesting, indeed!

Just realize, a $alignment or $morality would be great, too (currently I use $side, but that's either Hero or Villain).  I'd like to have Rogue / Vigilante / Hero / Villain via either a new variable ($side could be "Red" or "Blue" or leave as-is).

• 2 weeks later

With the changes coming in the next patch for game controllers, new "convenience aliases" are being implemented... so it is very possible to add these in, one would think.  Let's hope.

• Like 1