Darkness Affinity/Fade

Piecemeal

• Retired Developer

I know this has been reported before, but not for a bit - Graphics Settings cause this power to misbehave by causing a photosensitive flickering effect. This can be a larger graphical issue when someone using larger VFX powers (Nature Affinity) activates something while in the Fade causing a giant flickering forest.

This glitch causes me to actively avoid the power and/or change my graphic settings to endure it.

This is ameliorated by dropping Shadow graphics settings down, namely Advanced Shadows -> Distance to (Close) seems the best fix.

• Like 1

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

• 2 months later

Yep, sadly one of the sets I avoid playing completely solely due to this graphical issue.

Even notwithstanding the flickering, just the way it forces the weird invis+glowing eyes graphics onto team mates I dislike, because I know a lot of people don't like having their character graphic changed so significantly with no opt out.

The power should have a minimal graphic option, like ice shields has a min fx option, imho.

Edited by Riverdusk

• 6 months later