Elec/Thorns build

seresibyl2

You are correct.  Thorns in general is the least popular Dom secondary and Electric/Thorn is tied for the least popular combination.

I think most people, like me, that might otherwise like Thorns are turned off by the redraw of the attacks, with no option to disable the redraw as you can with other draw-heavy animations.

53 minutes ago, Phalanx480bc said:

You are correct.  Thorns in general is the least popular Dom secondary and Electric/Thorn is tied for the least popular combination.

I think most people, like me, that might otherwise like Thorns are turned off by the redraw of the attacks, with no option to disable the redraw as you can with other draw-heavy animations.

Do you think anyone might have the stats that I should aim for? Could try to build for it in the builder myself, though I suck at IO balancing.   Just trying to get something started for it with at least a target (like getting to Perma Dom, for starters lol)

What Recharge %, soft caps, etc should I be aiming for?

I did build this out in game (with a very expensive 1b build oops)... but i don’t think electricity is for me lol it doesn’t lock down enough or fast enough I guess... might respec him to steal the enhancements and move em over to my plant/earth or grav/energy... hmm

• 1 month later

Thinking of revisiting this -- I like my Grav/Savage (teleporting fairy from a different dimension thing!), but still drawn (get it-- redraw.... nah nvm) to thorns and elec...

Anybody have a build or can help make one? The last one I ended up making didn't feel very good (especially compared to the grav/savage just due to its pure speed/damage playstyle). 

the build I had before was REALLY bad on survivability, but i'm not quite sure how to get good survivability+permadom/hasten fit into a build... expensive isn't a problem (since I spent 1billion before on a super bad build lol).

I would like for endurance to not be a major concern, but whatever works. I think the character already has Agility core and preemptive maxed out, but whatever works.  Help 🙂

If you have a build already, put the Mids output here... it's always easier to modify an existing build than start with something new. Also it will give posters an idea of what you're looking for, which travel powers you prefer, etc.

Ugh. It's embarrassing - lol

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.1.15
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Dominator
Primary Power Set: Electric Control
Secondary Power Set: Thorny Assault
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Ice Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Tesla Cage -- GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(A), GldNet-Dam%(7), UnbCns-Dam%(19), NrnSht-Dam%(19), HO:Nucle(25), HO:Nucle(27)
Level 1: Thorny Darts -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), TchofLadG-%Dam(31), ShlBrk-%Dam(31), HO:Nucle(34), HO:Nucle(36)
Level 2: Skewer -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg(27), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Hct-Acc/Rchg(29), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(31)
Level 4: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(7)
Level 6: Jolting Chain -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), PrfShf-End%(50), Acc-I(50)
Level 8: Conductive Aura -- EffAdp-EndMod/Acc(A), EffAdp-EndMod(9), EffAdp-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(9), Mrc-Rcvry+(11), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(11), PrfShf-End%(13)
Level 10: Fling Thorns -- Rgn-Acc/Rchg(A), Rgn-Dmg(13), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(15), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(17), Ann-ResDeb%(17)
Level 12: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 14: Static Field -- FrtHyp-Plct%(A), FrtHyp-Acc/Sleep/Rchg(43), FrtHyp-Sleep/Rchg(43), FrtHyp-Acc/Rchg(46), FrtHyp-Sleep(48)
Level 16: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 18: Paralyzing Blast -- SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(A), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(36), SprAscoft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(36), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(37), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 20: Thorn Burst -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(21), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Arm-Dmg(23), Arm-Acc/Rchg(23), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(25)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 26: Synaptic Overload -- CrcPrs-Conf%(A), CrcPrs-Conf(40), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(42), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(42), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(42), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(43)
Level 28: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(34), LucoftheG-Def(34), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 32: Gremlins -- CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg(A), CaltoArm-Dmg/EndRdx(33), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), CaltoArm-Acc/Rchg(33)
Level 35: Thorntrops -- Ann-ResDeb%(A), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(40), Rgn-Knock%(48), ImpSwf-Dam%(48), PstBls-Dam%(50)
Level 38: Thorn Barrage -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A), ExpStr-Dam%(39), GldJvl-Dam%(39), Apc-Dam%(39), FrcFdb-Rechg%(40)
Level 41: Grant Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 44: Sleet -- PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(45), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(45), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(45), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46)
Level 47: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Domination 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(5)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(3), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(3), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(5)
Level 1: Quick Form 
------------

I've made some changes to increase the Defense. I think Recharge got lowered but only a very little bit.

Also improved the damage of a few powers... for example, the Hold was way overslotted for Accuracy (right now it has no Acc slotting and is still over the cap for 54s). But overall it wasn't a bad build so I didn't make any major changes, only IO tweaks.

Only real change was dropping the purple Sleep set, because you already had 5 set bonuses of 10% Recharge so you couldn't use the main reason for taking that set. Adding the slots around helped improve the Defense mostly, and an extra slot in Thorn Barrage.

11 hours ago, Coyote said:

I've made some changes to increase the Defense. I think Recharge got lowered but only a very little bit.

Also improved the damage of a few powers... for example, the Hold was way overslotted for Accuracy (right now it has no Acc slotting and is still over the cap for 54s). But overall it wasn't a bad build so I didn't make any major changes, only IO tweaks.

Only real change was dropping the purple Sleep set, because you already had 5 set bonuses of 10% Recharge so you couldn't use the main reason for taking that set. Adding the slots around helped improve the Defense mostly, and an extra slot in Thorn Barrage.

Hide contents

Thank you!!