Looking for a New Tank Primary

S33k3r

I had never tanked before -- I *despised* melee. Back in the days of live, I played a LOT of defenders, but eventually settled on Controllers as my favorite Archetype. Then that changed...

I have a very consistent play group, so I felt like I could give tanking a try and, if I tanked, well, I'd be with my friends and roll something else. One of the group, when he found out what was up, suggested I try an Electric Armor tank; I paired that with Dark Melee, thinking the -to hit of Dark would make it even tankier... I *love* the build. It even exemplars decently.

But now I'm stuck. I still am pretty ignorant when it comes to tanker primaries, and I kind of want to try something else.

Can anyone suggest another set, similar in play to Electric Armor? And, with that suggestion, any Melee sets I should avoid pairing / must pair with that set? Beter yet, if anyone has suggested builds, I am open to them as well.

Thanks!

Radiation or Bio Armor would be my suggestions if you liked Electric.   Both have good sustain powers and can be made quite strong. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I'll add my echo to Rad as having a similar "feel" to Elec. Mine is /Fire for plenty of AoE goodness. I don't know that there's a "must-have/must-avoid" secondary to pair it with. Depends on what you're looking for there.

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

• 4 weeks later

i would recommend Bio armor a little easier to run then radiation and would recommend trying either 1 first on the test server bio and radiation are both excellent choices but they require a little more clicking to keep them up and going.

Radiation's click powers bring valuable debuffs to the table.  You'll be using them in situations where you don't need the heal itself.  The same is generally true of Bio; IMO Parasitic Aura is the best armor t9 in the game.

I'd pair this with a secondary that enhances the theme.  Since you've already done the Dark Melee path, Kinetic, Radiation, or Psionic suggest themselves,  I have never done Psionic myself and probably ought to give it a whirl. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291