Moveable "ceiling" surface (like floor tile) for hanging lights?

The Shift function for moving objects up and down is extraordinarily slow compared to lateral movement (any clever tweak for that?), so I use a floor tile for placing objects far up/down in empty space.  The floor tile makes the long, slow journey once, then any other objects floated off of it are quick and easy to place.

But, for ceiling mounted items, the only surface I can find that they grab on to by default is the actual base ceiling.  After that I can move the light freely on an any axis, but it's a long journey down into the "basement" from there-- especially with the slow as hell vert movement-- and every single light has to make that trip individually.

Is there any sort of moveable surface with ceiling mounts?  Or any other workaround for quickly moving objects through vertical space?

I've used the large dock platforms (dock 2, iirc).  While I'm under the platform, I used the "Attach to Surface", F5 option, and not the "Ceiling" option to place a hanging light.  The other platform that I know works is the Ledges platform series. Likely anything that's solid throughout.