Remove the Gender-lock on Costume Pieces

Nayeh

Back when Homecoming first launched, I somehow glitched my character creation screen and had access to female costume pieces on a male figure. Unfortunately the game would not allow me to create this character.

Please consider lifting the gender-locks on costumes! Thanks! 🙂

CoHLoL.jpg

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I mean, I could kind of get behind this but there's a lot of issues beyond just that texture distortion. There's modeling issues too, for example the victorian corsets would likely clip into and sink entirely into male chests. And some male chests are completely topless with nipples out and everything and that won't fly on a female model. Yeah it's a double standard but it's a double standard enforced by laws and such.

Not in Canada nor Germany, where the game servers are now located.  In fact, I may need to double check, but I'm pretty sure -most- countries that aren't run by religious government bodies tend to have decriminalized (or never criminalized in the first place) depictions of topless women.  Because, you know; people are people.

It's really very much a u.s. thing to get up in arms about women's breasts, for some reason.

Be that as it may and sorry to get ranty (hot button topic); but naturally it won't be a matter of just flipping a switch.  Even with texture swapping, I've seen what the male topless texture looks like on the female model.  There are other concerns . . . like the musculature.  And then there's the statement from Jimmy already that the Homecoming Team have a standard for quality which they intend to adhere to.  

Now that asymmetrical costume pieces have started to roll out, we might see some attention to gender parity and/or NPC costume pieces making their way in to the player rotation.  Time will tell, since I sure haven't been able to find any other reliable source for information on the subject.

• Like 1

Textures might be feasible, but there are problems with the mapping I’d love to see addressed before anything else.

Case in point, the Widow color patterns don’t actually line up with the mesh on the inner legs on the female figure (they DO line up on the actual mobs though). Things like that are all over the place and I’m not sure whether it’d be faster to remap the base figure or go through and fix all the art files (there’s a lot that’s software and case dependent. I typically only notice the problem when I’m making a costume and just don’t use pieces where the issue is bad enough to bother me and then stop thinking about them; the above bit about the Widow pattern is fresh in my mind because I was trying to build a bog standard Blood Widow and ended up having to go with a Night Widow color scheme because the misaligned patch on the legs bothered me so much).

Props though aren’t just a simple port. Most of them would have to be re-scaled, re-positioned and have new “morph targets” applied to them and as someone who works with actual 3d modeling, it can be a major pain in the butt.