Bio / Staff Forms

hakurr

So i saw a thread that someone mentioned about the forms of both Bio armor and staff fighting does anyone have experience with this does it make a big difference in the characters abilities?  i mean can you run damage on one and endurance on the other or get more damage running both as damage it really could have some potential here.

It is as the answer you got in the Scrapper sub-forum. Staff with Dark is an amazing pairing since the endurance costs are negated. Staff with Bio can run both damage forms for more oomph. Staff is just lacking in said oomph with the long animations and no ST big hitter (Skysplitter -is- hard hitting, but the three seconds animation negates a lot of its value albeit on my Stalker I got the better numbers when including it in the rotation).

Staff is great AoE, but even that can be argued. I'm currently playing Ice Melee and with basic frankenslotted IOs Frost with BU behind it near kills +1 minions (a few ticks of the damage aura finishes the job). And with the frankenslot making the range near 15y and the Tanker buff making it something like 180º the thing is an AoE death machine with only one cone.

Staff lacks the BU to make it that bursty start-of-the-fight-lets-kill-all-minions. It will wade in and spin and twirl taking the full brunt in return.

It's not a reason not to play staff though. Staff and Bio pair well because Bio has extremely good Recovery (throw in a Theft of Essence into DNA Siphon to see an already very good skill turn become even better) which allows straight off to go full damage form(s).

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later

Yeah I understand staff is probably not as effective as other skill lines but I really like the bio/staff tanker so far.  I am leveling atm but I would like to see what staff tanker end game builds look like.  

Edited by GatorHead