Set Bonuses when Exemplared? - is this right?

DreamingLove

Based on this information from the Wiki:

"Set Bonuses and Exemplaring

When a character exemplars down to a lower level access to set bonuses (and Global IOs that function as set bonuses) is based on the level of the Enhancement and not the power they are slotted in. Exemplaring more than three levels below the level of the Enhancements renders the set bonuses non-functional. However as long as the character does not exemplar more than three levels below the level of the Enhancement the set bonuses are retained even if the power they are slotted in is unavailable.

Very Rare IOs and PvP IOs are exempt from this rule, the set bonuses function regardless of what level the character is exemplared to. Attuned Enhancements change their level based on the character's current Combat Level so the set bonuses will only shut off if the character exemplars more than three levels below the minimum level allowed for the Enhancement."

If I am reading this correctly, Purple IOs and PvP IOs keep ALL of their set bonuses when Exemplared? So 5 Apaocolypse IOs will give me 10% recharge time to all abilities whether I am lv.50 or exemplared below 50? Always 10%?

So if a set is not Very Rare, like Miracle for example, and my character is Lv.20 and I use the Lv.20 Miracle IOs then when exempt to Lv.15, I won't have access to the set bonuses anymore for Miracle?

Purples give their set bonus all the way down to level 1, I tested this myself by joining with a lvl 1 and exemping to their level. 

And yes, the bonus is the bonus regardless, there is no scaling down of that.

Also yes to PVP IOs exemping, but what I'm not 100% sure about is if the bonus applies below level 7 (you can slot them at 10).  Regardless, lvl 50 PVP sets will give their bonuses on all the TFs/SFs/Trials.

Your example with lvl 20 Miracles is correct, no set bonuses below 17.

1 hour ago, DreamingLove said:

If I am reading this correctly, Purple IOs and PvP IOs keep ALL of their set bonuses when Exemplared? So 5 Apaocolypse IOs will give me 10% recharge time to all abilities whether I am lv.50 or exemplared below 50? Always 10%?

The Purple and PvP IOs set bonuses work 1-50 at full value, so yes, you always get 10% recharge (if the set gives that).

1 hour ago, DreamingLove said:

So if a set is not Very Rare, like Miracle for example, and my character is Lv.20 and I use the Lv.20 Miracle IOs then when exempt to Lv.15, I won't have access to the set bonuses anymore for Miracle?

True for the set bonuses, but not the Proc.

Miracle +Recovery is a Proc.  Procs don't care about level once you have them slotted.  If you still have the power (it is not greyed out), the proc can still happen.  So, if you have it in Health (granted at level 2), you will always have the Proc available.  This is true for Miracle, Numina, Panacea, PT:Heal, etc.

Preventative Medicine: Absorb is not a proc, per se.  It fuctions as a set bonus, basically, so min. level 17.

Edited by Caulderone