Animations

I know nothing about any kind of coding so I don't know if this would even be possible, let alone how difficult it might be to do, but...

Is there any possibility of adding a different set of animations to the Assault Rifle power set (and maybe the Munitions Mastery APP), using various hand casts instead of a weapon?

I've always liked the idea of making a more low-tech power armour character, with a bunch of guns built into the armour instead of lasers of some kind, but having a character wrapped head to toe in robotic armour pulling out a rifle jut feels wrong to me.

It may be possible, but the spawn points for the gfx may be a bit suspect if the gun isnt there

As I recall, it was something Positron had talked about doing in the future, and I recall him mentioning that one of the issues with making customizable animations was modifying the database to give the ability to make the power origination points different. In the OP's example of a powered-armor suit with built-in weapons, having a gun mounted on the back of the forearm, so you stuck your arm out and the gunfire visual started at the back of your hand.

Since this is a fairly serious alteration to the power and character databases on top of just the coding for the different origination points, I suspect that it's a pretty long-term future enhancement (on the basis of 'if it were easy, the original design team would already have done it, just to make the game more awesome').

It may be possible, but the spawn points for the gfx may be a bit suspect if the gun isnt there

As I recall, it was something Positron had talked about doing in the future, and I recall him mentioning that one of the issues with making customizable animations was modifying the database to give the ability to make the power origination points different. In the OP's example of a powered-armor suit with built-in weapons, having a gun mounted on the back of the forearm, so you stuck your arm out and the gunfire visual started at the back of your hand.

Since this is a fairly serious alteration to the power and character databases on top of just the coding for the different origination points, I suspect that it's a pretty long-term future enhancement (on the basis of 'if it were easy, the original design team would already have done it, just to make the game more awesome').

I suspected it wouldn't be simple. Thanks for the education.

Would it be simple to just change out the emotes and keep the AR gfx without changing where they come from?