How does -regen calculate?

Shred Monkey

Below I'm using the power analyzer temp power to monitor the regen rate of a level 48 Seige who has level 48 Spore Cloud applied to him.

Spore cloud says it applies -112% regen to a target.

If we assume Base regen of .33%/sec is the 100% regen rate, then -112% would equal -.38% per second.  That fits pretty closely to what is displayed. 

My question is is how is .33%/sec being reduced to .27%/sec?   Is there a minimum regen rate?  Or is there a debuff resist being applied to it?   

In either case, I really expected this -regen power to give more than a 16 hp/second boost on an even level AV.  (note, I know numbers will change at level 50, but should be relatively the same)

image.png.d0a08c70782b1c397a56a951f3b98d5e.png

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Archvillains always have a base line  resistance to debuffs and controls shown by the little purple triangles that float around them.  the powers still work mind you which is why rad is always so effective against them

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?