CELLFIRE - It's All In The State Of Mind - [Arc ID 25000]

Drama, Horror and Mad Science

A 5-mission adventure aiming at low level characters, turning backyard heroes into champions.

0Po6d1t.png

• The Great:     CELLFIRE is designed as an alternative to DFB and DIB. The arc is completely soloable with any AT and power combo.
  • The Catch:     Compared to DFB/DIB you will work for your XP.

• The Great:     CELLFIRE has a lot of story and fluff:  customized descriptions, clues with visual aids, memorable NPCs and a contact with a moustache.
  • The Catch:     If you don't read the story you might miss the gorilla. XP work without reading though.

• The Great:     Mission difficulty is increasing, constantly encouraging you to learn and get used to your character.
  • The Catch:     Mission difficulty is increasing, requiring you to learn and get used to your character.

• The Great:     CELLFIRE is a target rich environment, but has no 'Defeat All' missions.
  • The Catch:     If you crave XP you may want to 'Defeat All' anyway, but nothing bad happens if you miss that odd mob in the corner.

Spoiler

YQZYmsm.png

Feedback is highly appreciated, either in this thread or as forum PM.

Tips:

• Read the story description. (No AVs, really, it's pointless.)
  • Turn on 'NPCs Dialogue'
  • Helpers don't proact, they react. Helpers also can't tell a player from an NPC ally. I can't help it.
  • It takes 2 pieces of common salvage to get Mag 10 KB protection for 90 minutes from an empowerment station. Just saying.
  • Raising difficulty by level lowers your own level during the mission instead

========  Credit: Thanks to @DoctorDitko and @Kyksie for proofreading my second-language horror.  ========

Edited by Lex Talion
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later

Thoroughly enjoyed this. And there's a moment in the final mission where you turn a corner and go "oh hell!". Recommended.

• Thanks 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

• 5 months later
  • 3 months later
6 minutes ago, rizlazz said:

I very much enjoyed this Arc, thanks for building it.

It's good, isn't it?

• Like 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

I play this on about half my new characters. This week I've played it with 5 new techno-gods I made, to get up to about level 20 quickly while not getting bored. I love this arc, although it often feels like cheating to play it.

• Thanks 1

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

It's no more "cheating" than DFBing, and definitely less so when compared with power leveling in a farm!

• Like 2