Change Powerset - How would that work?

Troo

Powerset respec is honestly common sense in a game like this, especially  when some sets are just garbage- like Energy Melee. Not everyone is ok with being forced to re roll and re level, COH may be a game which is very alt friendly, and I myself am an altaholic in most games- but this should NOT be forced on anyone.

• Like 2

Back in retail, there were a few of us that pitched the idea of "banking" XP from deleted characters so that they could be re-used on new alts, up to a certain point.  For example, if you leveled up a character to 50 and then deleted it, all of the XP from that character would go into a "XP bank" for your account.  The next time you created an alt, you would be given the option to "spend" XP from the bank account on that new alt, up to a maximum of level 25 (so that you couldn't just create instant 50s).  You wouldn't have to spend all of the XP, but you could only spend enough to get the next alt to 25.   Lather, rinse, repeat as often as needed.

But on HC this has less appeal/utility, because of 1000 char slots, unlimited renames, plentiful server transfers, and free 2XP boosters (not to mention the beta server).  On HC, I created and deleted at least a dozen alternate versions of each of several characters.  I created and played all of them up to the mid-levels, at the very least.  Some I've re-created multiple times, forgetting that I tried and rejected them before. 

The point is, creating multiple different variations of characters is almost trivial on HC.  The only "cost" is the time it takes to either level them up by playing, or farming them up to whatever level is desired.

Edited by Rathulfr

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

16 hours ago, Chance Jackson said:

If it was going to be done than in order to give players a higher level taste of an alternate set while reducing the consternation likely to be felt by people you team up with who would have a reasonable expectation that you would be as competent with your power sets as a player who has leveled up said power set combinations

-you can only change 1 powerset at a time

-you can only change a powerset for 1 hour, every 3 days

-you are ineligible to be a member of any team or league engaged in Trials, or TFs

Having some sort of additional constraints on switching isn't a bad idea.   Like at most one power switch per real time week or month wouldn't be terrible.

I'm not really strongly advocating for this, but I'm not advocating against it either.  It seems like something that could go on the pile of "nice to have" ideas and then see if anyone gets the time to implement it.

• Like 2