AoE Blapper with holds, Dark/Energy

Jawbreaker

I'm loving my new Dom, she's becoming a top 5 favorite alt. I feel like her build could be tweaked a bit though, not sure if i need more defense or resist, or if I should try to add a self-heal. 

Any suggestions?

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Halloween girl 2: Level 50 Mutation Dominator
Primary Power Set: Darkness Control
Secondary Power Set: Energy Assault
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Dark Grasp -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(3), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(3), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(5)
Level 1: Power Bolt -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 2: Living Shadows -- SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(A), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(5), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprAscoft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(7), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(9)
Level 4: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(13)
Level 6: Possess -- Prp-Acc/Conf/Rchg(A)
Level 8: Power Push -- Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg(13), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(15), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(50), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 10: Power Blast -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(15), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(19)
Level 12: Fearsome Stare -- CldSns-%Dam(A), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(19), CldSns-ToHitDeb(21), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(21), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(23), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(23)
Level 14: Heart of Darkness -- Stp-Acc/Rchg(A), Stp-EndRdx/Stun(25), Stp-Acc/EndRdx(25), Stp-Acc/Stun/Rchg(27), Stp-KB%(27), Stp-Stun/Rng(29)
Level 16: Stealth -- Ksm-ToHit+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(29), Krm-ResKB(42)
Level 18: Haunt -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(31), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(31), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(33), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(33)
Level 20: Whirling Hands -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dam%(33), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Arm-Acc/Rchg(34)
Level 22: Mystic Flight -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 24: Power Up -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 26: Shadow Field -- Lck-Acc/Hold(A), Lck-Acc/Rchg(36), Lck-Rchg/Hold(36), Lck-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(36), Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(37), Lck-%Hold(37)
Level 28: Total Focus -- Mk'Bit-Dam%(A), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(37), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(39), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(39), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 30: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 32: Umbra Beast -- SlbAll-Build%(A), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(40), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(40), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(42)
Level 35: Sniper Blast -- StnoftheM-Dam%(A), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(43), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(43), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(43), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 38: Power Burst -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dam%(45), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Apc-Acc/Rchg(46), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(46)
Level 41: Dark Embrace -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 44: Soul Drain -- GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(A), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(46), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(48), GssSynFr--Build%(48), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(48)
Level 47: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Domination 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(11), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(11)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 1: Quick Form 
------------

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

Couple of things.  First if you're gonna dabble in sorcery may as well commit to it fully and get yourself rune of protection or go force of will and take unleash potential since it benefits from power up.  You could probably drop a few of those earlier attacks, they''ll be obsolete to those later ones, the last 4 attacks form a fantastic chain.  Might also want to work in dark consumption since you can and it's a great utility to have.  Maybe go leadership for tactics since it can only help with accuracy and you'll still have a gambler mule in maneuvers.  Last I swear, if you're gonna have a confuse may as well  slot it with the purple set, its a fantastic bonus set.  Good luck!

1 hour ago, Mezmera said:

Couple of things.  First if you're gonna dabble in sorcery may as well commit to it fully and get yourself rune of protection or go force of will and take unleash potential since it benefits from power up.  You could probably drop a few of those earlier attacks, they''ll be obsolete to those later ones, the last 4 attacks form a fantastic chain.  Might also want to work in dark consumption since you can and it's a great utility to have.  Maybe go leadership for tactics since it can only help with accuracy and you'll still have a gambler mule in maneuvers.  Last I swear, if you're gonna have a confuse may as well  slot it with the purple set, its a fantastic bonus set.  Good luck!

Oh I didn't know that about Power Up and UP. I'll take a look at all those suggestions, thank you!

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

I play a Dark/Savage dominapper (or scrapinator, if you prefer). Love it! And an elec/nrg. So, I can vouch for both those sets. Good stuff.

One thing to consider is that you have a LOT of attacks. You can only cast one at a time and they will start to get redundant at later levels, 

Remember that most of the Energy attacks do knockback. If you are going to run with a team, this will be problematic. Actually, if you are going to be a melee focused Dominator, also gonna cause you some extra work.

You probably do not need to KB resistance IOs. While you have Domination up, you are nearly immune to knockback.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2020 at 9:19 PM, VV said:

I play a Dark/Savage dominapper (or scrapinator, if you prefer). Love it! And an elec/nrg. So, I can vouch for both those sets. Good stuff.

One thing to consider is that you have a LOT of attacks. You can only cast one at a time and they will start to get redundant at later levels, 

Remember that most of the Energy attacks do knockback. If you are going to run with a team, this will be problematic. Actually, if you are going to be a melee focused Dominator, also gonna cause you some extra work.

You probably do not need to KB resistance IOs. While you have Domination up, you are nearly immune to knockback.

Yeah I've noticed my issues with knockback tend to only arise while running through zones and not paying attention to mobs who might throw shade at me.

the attacks are definitely becoming redunant as well. As far as knockback, If I slot up an attack with knockback that I plan on using, I typically slot a KB-KD enhancement in it.