Need Build Help with a Rad/Rad

00Troy00

Can someone help me out with a build that fits a modest budget, but still capable of being effective? I'm more interested in debuffs than damage.

I can't get mids to open this week whenever I try to import data, so if someone could post the build here, I'm more than happy to write it down the old fashioned way.

Thanks!

Edited by 00Troy00

I can share my build tomorrow when I’m back at my pc.
But the main one is rad infection 4x Dark watcher and 2x defends debuff (I think defence debuff + defence debuff&end redux)

Rad Heal - 6 slot numina for ranged defence. The unique for +recovery/regen lasts 2 minutes and since this is a self heal it’s usually okay here. You don’t need the bonus on you all the time but uptime would be near 100% in a team.

AM 3 slots- recharge IO, performance shifter end mod, performance shifter end mod& recharge 

Lingering Rad - 6 slotted with the turtle slow set for the ranged defence. Not the best stats with this set but with global bonuses it works. The -slow is almost a root even at level 25 with attuned so I’m happy...

Enervating end redux x1. Mids has the end cost for this doubled, its 0.52/s.

choking cloud I skipped as have mostly cone attacks, but if you take, 6 slot lockdown for the ranged defence and hold proc which would work well.

mutation I skipped, see my other thread on this..

fallout im still deciding how to slot. As above.

EMP I just got it today but same. Though the epic hold proc for damage would be perfect if you can afford.

I’ve taken every leadership pool power and don’t regret it. Victory rush is great and can alternate with AM at low levels for nice recovery. I would take victory rush at 14/16 if you can. Leadership is just amazing for defenders. 

my character has only 3 or 4 attacks so worth bearing that in mind as that’s my play style. Hope that helps. Just stuff I’ve figured out myself and I like ranged defence.

Edited by Peacemoon

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

6 minutes ago, Peacemoon said:

But the main one is rad infection 4x Dark watcher and 2x defends debuff (I think defence debuff + defence debuff&end redux)

Rad Heal - 6 slot numina for ranged defence. The unique for +recovery/regen lasts 2 minutes and since this is a self heal it’s usually okay here. You don’t need the bonus on you all the time but uptime would be near 100% in a team.

AM 3 slots- recharge IO, performance shifter end mod, performance shifter end mod& recharge 

Lingering Rad - 6 slotted with the turtle slow set for the ranged defence. Not the best stats with this set but with global bonuses it works. The -slow is almost a root even at level 25 with attuned so I’m happy...

choking cloud I skipped as have mostly cone attacks, but if you take, 6 slot lockdown for the ranged defence and hold proc which would work well.

EMP I just got it today but same. Though the epic hold proc for damage would be perfect if you can afford.

I’ve taken every leadership pool power and don’t regret it. Victory rush is great and can alternate with AM at low levels for nice recovery. I would take victory rush at 14/16 if you can. Leadership is just amazing for defenders. 

my character has only 3 or 4 attacks so worth bearing that in mind as that’s my play style. Hope that helps. Just stuff I’ve figured out myself and I like ranged defence.

Thank you. Mind if I ask what you spent?

3 hours ago, Peacemoon said:

I slot my rad/rad defender on Live more heavily for recharge in AM, LR, EMPulse. I wanted LR up as fast as possible for boss fights and the steady supply of -regen. I also took hasten. I played my defender in melee range using the EF and RI to make a safe space. I also took teleportation to TP into groups and hit EM Pulse before they knew what hit them. Choking Cloud was also an important part of my debuffing arsenal

9 hours ago, 00Troy00 said:

Thank you. Mind if I ask what you spent?

Not too much on the ones listed, they’re all on the lower price end. Maybe 3m each for Numina? It pays to put in reasonable bids and be a bit patient. Buy the enhancements as attuned as it helps while leveling as can slot early and you won’t need to replace them.

For inf make sure you’re crafting the yellow recipe drops at low level as can sell them on the AH and  they’re cheap to make for lowbies 😊

5 hours ago, Psylenz0511 said:

I slot my rad/rad defender on Live more heavily for recharge in AM, LR, EMPulse. I wanted LR up as fast as possible for boss fights and the steady supply of -regen. I also took hasten. I played my defender in melee range using the EF and RI to make a safe space. I also took teleportation to TP into groups and hit EM Pulse before they knew what hit them. Choking Cloud was also an important part of my debuffing arsenal

I did try choking cloud and liked it, could definitely see the mobs being held quite a bit. If you’re in melee range frequently then it is a great power. Part of the reason I skipped it was due to endurance costs as also running all 3 leadership power toggles.

Edited by Peacemoon

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

If the main focus is debuffs, as the OP said, then Defender would be the preferred option.     For someone more focused on damage output/soloing, Corruptor might be better.

My main is Rad/Rad Defender, though the build I'm using is hardly cheap.    I'll see if I can work up a budget version of mine to post later.

Edited by Justaris

There can be no defense like elaborate courtesy - E.V. Lucas

My AE arcs:

Ex Machina, the story of the Tin Mage Corps.  Arc ID #11781

Here's something that should be fairly affordable.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Tetujin: Level 50 Technology Defender
Primary Power Set: Radiation Emission
Secondary Power Set: Radiation Blast
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Power Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Radiation Infection -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(3), DarWtcDsp-Rchg/EndRdx(9), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(11), TchofLadG-DefDeb/EndRdx(13), TchofLadG-%Dam(15)
Level 1: Neutrino Bolt -- Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21)
Level 2: Accelerate Metabolism -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(3)
Level 4: Irradiate -- AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg(A), AnlWkn-Acc/DefDeb(5), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg/EndRdx(5), TchofLadG-Rchg/EndRdx(7), TchofLadG-DefDeb/EndRdx(11), TchofLadG-DefDeb/Rchg/EndRdx(15)
Level 6: Enervating Field -- EndRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(7), EndRdx-I(46)
Level 8: Radiant Aura -- DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(A), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(19), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(27), DctWnd-Rchg(27), Mrc-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(37), Mrc-Heal/EndRdx(40)
Level 10: Combat Jumping -- GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx(A), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(13), GifoftheA-Def(17)
Level 12: Lingering Radiation -- TmpRdn-Acc/Slow(A), TmpRdn-Acc/EndRdx(17), TmpRdn-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(19)
Level 14: Fly -- Flight-I(A), EndRdx-I(21)
Level 16: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Maneuvers -- GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx(A), GifoftheA-Def(45)
Level 20: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(33), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(42), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(42), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(43)
Level 22: Choking Cloud -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(23), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(23), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(25), Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(25), Lck-%Hold(43)
Level 24: Mutation -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 26: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 28: Cosmic Burst -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(29), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(29), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 30: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 32: EM Pulse -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(33), RechRdx-I(33), Acc-I(34), Hold-I(34), EndRdx-I(34)
Level 35: Neutron Bomb -- AnlWkn-Acc/DefDeb(A), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg(36), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg/EndRdx(36), TchofLadG-DefDeb/Rchg/EndRdx(36), TchofLadG-Rchg/EndRdx(37), TchofLadG-DefDeb/EndRdx(37)
Level 38: Proton Volley -- ClbAcc-Acc/Dmg(A), ClbAcc-Acc/EndRdx(39), ClbAcc-Acc/ActRdx(39), ClbAcc-Acc/Rng(39), ClbAcc-Acc/Rchg(40), ClbAcc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40)
Level 41: Power Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 44: Temp Invulnerability -- ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(45), ImpArm-ResDam(50)
Level 47: Force of Nature -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48), ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Vigilance 
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Heal-I(A), Heal-I(46), Heal-I(46)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(43), EndMod-I(48)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Diamagnetic Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Clockwork Core Superior Ally 
Level 50: Melee Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Barrier Radial Epiphany 
Level 1: Quick Form 
------------

My AE arcs:

• 3 weeks later
On 4/26/2020 at 12:59 AM, Justaris said:

Here's something that should be fairly affordable.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Tetujin: Level 50 Technology Defender
Primary Power Set: Radiation Emission
Secondary Power Set: Radiation Blast
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Power Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Radiation Infection -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(3), DarWtcDsp-Rchg/EndRdx(9), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(11), TchofLadG-DefDeb/EndRdx(13), TchofLadG-%Dam(15)
Level 1: Neutrino Bolt -- Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21)
Level 2: Accelerate Metabolism -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(3)
Level 4: Irradiate -- AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg(A), AnlWkn-Acc/DefDeb(5), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg/EndRdx(5), TchofLadG-Rchg/EndRdx(7), TchofLadG-DefDeb/EndRdx(11), TchofLadG-DefDeb/Rchg/EndRdx(15)
Level 6: Enervating Field -- EndRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(7), EndRdx-I(46)
Level 8: Radiant Aura -- DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(A), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(19), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(27), DctWnd-Rchg(27), Mrc-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(37), Mrc-Heal/EndRdx(40)
Level 10: Combat Jumping -- GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx(A), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(13), GifoftheA-Def(17)
Level 12: Lingering Radiation -- TmpRdn-Acc/Slow(A), TmpRdn-Acc/EndRdx(17), TmpRdn-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(19)
Level 14: Fly -- Flight-I(A), EndRdx-I(21)
Level 16: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Maneuvers -- GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx(A), GifoftheA-Def(45)
Level 20: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(33), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(42), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(42), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(43)
Level 22: Choking Cloud -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(23), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(23), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(25), Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(25), Lck-%Hold(43)
Level 24: Mutation -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 26: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 28: Cosmic Burst -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(29), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(29), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 30: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 32: EM Pulse -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(33), RechRdx-I(33), Acc-I(34), Hold-I(34), EndRdx-I(34)
Level 35: Neutron Bomb -- AnlWkn-Acc/DefDeb(A), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg(36), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg/EndRdx(36), TchofLadG-DefDeb/Rchg/EndRdx(36), TchofLadG-Rchg/EndRdx(37), TchofLadG-DefDeb/EndRdx(37)
Level 38: Proton Volley -- ClbAcc-Acc/Dmg(A), ClbAcc-Acc/EndRdx(39), ClbAcc-Acc/ActRdx(39), ClbAcc-Acc/Rng(39), ClbAcc-Acc/Rchg(40), ClbAcc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40)
Level 41: Power Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 44: Temp Invulnerability -- ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(45), ImpArm-ResDam(50)
Level 47: Force of Nature -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48), ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Vigilance 
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Heal-I(A), Heal-I(46), Heal-I(46)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(43), EndMod-I(48)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Diamagnetic Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Clockwork Core Superior Ally 
Level 50: Melee Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Barrier Radial Epiphany 
Level 1: Quick Form 
------------

I've recently started levelling a rad/rad defender and finding it to be a lot of fun in groups.

Just curious, even with accelerate metabolism this build looks quite End hungry, how do you manage endurance on it? Do you run with most toggles on at all times (leadership toggles, choking cloud, rad infection, enervating field), or do you change up your toggles depending on the situation?

It can be, yes.   I typically run it with Choking Cloud and the leadership toggles but only use the debuff toggles for tough bosses, EBs, AVs, etc.    On most teams your standard mob dies too fast to get much benefit from the debuff toggles anyway and if you wade into melee you'll generally hold at least half of them with Choking Cloud.     As you move up in levels and start to replace some of the affordable elements here with higher-end things I'd put a premium on the Numina, Miracle and Panacea uniques which help a lot with your endurance curve.    Performance Shift proc in Stamina is also helpful there.    Enjoy!

• Like 1

My AE arcs: