Ouroboros : Allow players to call old contacts?

A pretty straightforward request, but one that I noticed only recently.

Given the "flashback" nature of the Ouroboros system, it makes perfect sense for players to only be able to interact with any SA's designated contact. However, the Ouroboros system is great for retrieving old accomplishment or exploit badges, for instance, especially for badge-obsessed players or completists.

Only problem is, some of the more recent story arcs grant specific badges that are only available if the player gets to talk to former contacts. For instance, Vincent Ross's arc gives players the opportunity to get access to several sub objectives if they regularly check in with either Lorenz Ansaldo, Vince Dubrowski or Diviner Maros, which grants the "Connected" badge before the arc's penultimate mission. Problem is, were a player wish to gain the badge through Ourobors, they wouldn't be able to call up those specific contacts.

I personally ran into this problem recently while running Mr. G's arc on Primal Earth, when I forgot to call Dean McArthur before the mission with the Carnival of Shadows where, if you call him beforehand, he shows up as a hostage that you have to save, which grants the "Honorary Bro" badge (which is, in itself, a hilarious badge as well).

As such, could there be a way to allow players to call up old contacts while in Flashback mode?

37 minutes ago, Virtual Green said:

Only problem is, some of the more recent story arcs grant specific badges that are only available if the player gets to talk to former contacts. For instance, Vincent Ross's arc gives players the opportunity to get access to several sub objectives if they regularly check in with either Lorenz Ansaldo, Vince Dubrowski or Diviner Maros, which grants the "Connected" badge before the arc's penultimate mission. Problem is, were a player wish to gain the badge through Ourobors, they wouldn't be able to call up those specific contacts.

I personally ran into this problem recently while running Mr. G's arc on Primal Earth, when I forgot to call Dean McArthur before the mission with the Carnival of Shadows where, if you call him beforehand, he shows up as a hostage that you have to save, which grants the "Honorary Bro" badge (which is, in itself, a hilarious badge as well).

As such, could there be a way to allow players to call up old contacts while in Flashback mode?

You can get those badges via Ouro, you just need to go and talk to the actual contact in zone rather than calling them.  I got all the villainside story arc badges via Ouro not all that long ago, so it definitely works.

• Like 2

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

I wonder if it's possible to have them added to your callable contacts when you lock into the Ouroboros arc? Most badge hunters might be aware on where to go to talk to them, but many people might have trouble locating them.