Base Items moving when offline.

Freakenstein

So I build under the base, and these rings ALWAYS shift up just slightly when I log out. I've deleted and replaced them numerous times, tried different attachment options, still does it. 

Not a game breaker but pretty annoying when you're trying to get things lined up just so.

Known issue? Any fixes?

[Proper Placement, currently using Wall Attachment]

TP01.PNG.7a8d9739f4db0f1da4e7735638934409.PNG

[After logging back in, outer ring has shifted upwards]

TP02.PNG.6f2f48d48761a5919cfba11ebd620c5c.PNG

• Like 1

Wow, that's a big shift. I've had things move before but never to that degree - is this a base built above the plot, and if so, how far above? I've heard that if it's further from the origin, this can be more of an issue. As for a solution I don't know any but periodic checks and maintenance.

• Like 1

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry

I don't think there's a good way for you to prevent it from happening, unfortunately - down is as bad as up for item shifting. Maybe if you shifted the other parts of the portal up to match the ring, instead, and added a ramp to make it not be weird?

• Like 1

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry

Yes, the farther you are from the base, the farther the shift, sometimes.

Okay, couple of things to try. First, put your grid on, if you can put it on 1, that's the most likely to stay, but even at 1/4, it should help.

Second: try facing the objects a different way and/or moving their location even just a bit. For some reason, different areas of a room will have different shifts. I don't know why, but my last base convinced me. I had things facing east/west that did not move, but things facing north or south moved a lot. In placing plates, it will go stays..stays...stays...shifts!...stays...stays when I line them up as a wall running the length of a room or two. The shift, regardless of the item, was always in the same place in the room, running east to west across the room, which ran north and south (in other words, it went across the room at the same place, bisecting the room). So it could be that that particular combo will do better in another location (I had to redo much of the room when I couldn't get the n/s items to stop shifting, so now everything where shift matters is now facing east/west).

Third, and this is likely the hardest to pull off: angle the items to where you want them. As an example, it looks to me like the only major thing that shifted is the ...I know I'm not going to spell it right, that ring. the outer ring. There should be a way to get it so you can angle the ring without altering the upright angle. Think like if you were placing it around a clockface, moving it from say, 3 O'clock to say, 1 O'clock. Then you sink it down more so it's at relatively the same height. Experimenting with this sort of shift, you should be able to find a location where the item no longer shifts, and where the angle you have it set to makes it look like it's in the same placement as where it is in the first picture. I hope I described that well enough for you to understand. If not, I'll be happy to come in and show you what I mean.screenshot_200426-16-57-43.thumb.jpg.50b6c01f0ee37ac2dc2854c6e6e14489.jpg

Ring placed without alteration.

screenshot_200426-16-57-55.thumb.jpg.884f04a44afb3124408c70eb508a8c86.jpg

Alt/shifted to rotate upwards and to left. Note the center is now to the left. Now I'd just move it to the right to center it on my design, and sink to desired level. Experiment until the editor agrees that it will leave it in place. 🙂

Good luck!

-Dacy

• Like 1