Request: Katana/Ninjutsu build

OniDaimyo

Leveling builds require much less planning than they used to. Inherent Fitness pool means that you do not have to plan to skip any primary or secondary powers to fit in Stamina. In fact if you take everything in both pools, you'll not have enough powers. You MUST take a pool power at 24 and 30 if you haven't taken 2 before then (not the case for the epic ATs). So the first question you have to ask yourself is do you want to take a travel power at low levels and delay an attack, or just go with Beast or Ninja Run? Since you do have the inherent fitness powers, swift and hurdle will make both those powers quite good. Do you want to take a recall friend, or maybe combat jumping? Do you want to take Super Jump? Do you want Hasten at 4? These are very flexible personal choices and are not going to hugely impact any leveling build someone gives you. If you wanted something unusual like cramming in the full fighting pool, leadership, stealth AND a travel power it would be an entirely different story.

The time in your build when things are most questionable is the 1-12 spread, roughly. During this level range you have a new player accuracy buff in effect and mobs aren't very strong so slotting is extremely unimportant to worry about. You could just throw slots willy-nilly and fix it all later in the 20s. For your specific build there is literally only 1 slotting concern I would suggest and it is this: at level 10 take 20 merits and go to the merit vendor and buy yourself a level 10 Karma: Knockback Protection IO recipe, craft it, and slot it in Ninja Reflexes. (I think you can do this at level 7 actually as the recipes are +3 but you might have to wait until 10. Of course if you get to 10 by DFB you won't have collected 20 merits from doing story arcs yet so that is one reason to maybe level conventionally. A single arc of The Hollows will net you these merits.) Why? Your secondary's knockback protection is in Bo Ryaku which is a level 28 power and you will surely go insane without knockback protection until then. 4 points is plenty; knockDOWN is just knockback with a value between 0.1 and 0.9 and that's really the problem to look out for.

You probably want a couple attacks right out of the gate and can pick up your defenses slowly; then again if you collect 3 of the prestige attacks (Nemesis Staff, Sands of Mu, Ghost-slaying Axe, Blackwand) that gives you 3 attacks right there. Those powers can't be enhanced but at low levels there is that starter accuracy "beginner's luck" buff that means that those powers will actually hit well right when you need filler attacks. Your origin starting temp power is ALSO good to use at low levels, it's damage is buffed like whoa and is as good as a regular attack the first few levels and weakens as you go up so it's like brawl by level 15. If you overlooked that as it's not put in your starting tray any more, take a peek.

So again, you basically can't go wrong. If it were me I'd take 2 single target and 1 cone attack and then grab a defense or two. At level 10 take Kuji-In Rin immediately because it's a mez shield that's about the only must.  I love Parry on broadsword and Divine Avalanche is similar for Katana. But do you need a defense buff at level 8 beating up Skulls? Doubtful. Do you need the self +endurance power when it's available at 16 now that you get Stamina at level 2 and there's an ability that produces inspirations on demand? Doubtful. But these powers might be more useful depending what content you do, say if you pick fights with a lot of clockwork and freaks. This is the kind of thing that's a real personal choice.

So as someone who had Katana/Invuln scrapper and a MA/Ninjitsu stalker, here's what I'd pick. As far as slots well, use your best judgement I'm sure it'll be fine.

Level 1: Gambler's Cut

Level 1: Ninja Reflexes * cram in that knockback protection IO ASAP. As this is one of your major defensive toggles you may eventually want to move the KB elsewhere so you can focus on enhancing it but by that point you have other powers you could move it to like combat jumping. You don't need to have the power when exemped to keep the benefit. 

Level 2: Sting of the Wasp

Level 4: Flashing Steel

Level 6: Danger Sense

Level 8: Shinobi-Iri

Level 10: Kuji-In Rin

Level 12: Divine Avalanche

Level 14: Combat Jumping

Level 16: Build Up

Level 18: The Lotus Drops

Level 20: Kuji-In Sha

Level 22: Super Jump - if you do First Ward, you will want a "real" travel power about here.

Level 24: Calling the Wolf

Level 26: Soaring Dragon

Level 28: Bo Ryaku

Level 30: Seishinteki Kyoyo

Level 32: Golden Dragonfly

Level 35: Blinding Powder

Level 38: Kuji-In Retsu

Level 2: Swift - note that this can be slotted for both run and fly so if you take flying put that kind of enhancement in

Level 2: Health

Level 2: Hurdle

Level 2: Stamina -3 slot this by 22 for maximum happiness

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Konatsu: Level 50 Natural Scrapper

Primary Power Set: Katana

Secondary Power Set: Ninjitsu

Power Pool: Sorcery

Power Pool: Fighting

Power Pool: Leadership

Power Pool: Speed

Ancillary Pool: Blaze Mastery

Hero Profile:

Level 1: Gambler's Cut -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(5), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(5), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(7), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), Mk'Bit-Dam%(9)

Level 1: Ninja Reflexes -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(9), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(11), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(50), Rct-ResDam%(50)

Level 2: Danger Sense -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(11), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(13)

Level 4: Mystic Flight -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)

Level 6: Shinobi-Iri -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(13), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(15)

Level 8: Divine Avalanche -- SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(A), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(19), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(19)

Level 10: Kuji-In Rin -- RechRdx-I(A)

Level 12: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A)

Level 14: Boxing -- Empty(A)

Level 16: Seishinteki Kyoyo -- PrfShf-End%(A)

Level 18: The Lotus Drops -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(23), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(25)

Level 20: Kuji-In Sha -- Pnc-Heal(A), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(25), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(27), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(27), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(29)

Level 22: Rune of Protection -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(29), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31)

Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(31), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(33), UnbGrd-Max HP%(33), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(33), GldArm-3defTpProc(34)

Level 26: Soaring Dragon -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(34), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(36)

Level 28: Bo Ryaku -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(37), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(39), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(40)

Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(37), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(37)

Level 32: Golden Dragonfly -- SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(40), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(42), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(42)

Level 35: Char -- BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Hold(43), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(43), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(43)

Level 38: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(39), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(39)

Level 41: Fire Blast -- Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(45), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Thn-Acc/Dmg(46)

Level 44: Fire Ball -- Rgn-Knock%(A), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(48), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(48)

Level 47: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)

Level 49: Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A)

Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Critical Hit

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)

Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3)

Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)

Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(3)

------------