Power Bar Trays

Icecomet

Hello everybody!

I'd like to request that we implement the ability to have additional "anchored" power bar trays.  I'd like to see the ability to have at least 5.  Reason I am asking is I like to use the "Game Return" option when I have multiple windows and dialog boxes all open at once and using this ability closes any non-anchored power trays too, which is decidedly inconvenient.  I know the ability for this already exists in code because I get it every time I get the devolution from secondary mutagen multiple times per day.  You can see the additional anchored power bar in this example from yesterday:

1765636754_powerbartray.jpg.3e43c67e0a6b6a6a6c8a2107c5e9b3b9.jpg

You can clearly see that 4th bar is anchored to the other 3, so, having the ability to just expand this to more than 3 (again, to at least 5 which is what I personally use, though more wouldn't be bad in case others want more).

As an alternative though, of course, you could just change the "Game Return" option to NOT close power bars (and maybe change it to not close the map window or whatever is open that is anchored to the mission dialog box).

Is this something we can get implemented, please?

I do appreciate the consideration for either option!

Regards,

Icecomet

• Like 2

Icecomet

Play my backstory arcs:

Origin: Icecomet  (Arc ID 24805), Origin: Icecomet - Chapter 2  (Arc ID 29282), Origin Icecomet - Chapter 3 (Arc ID 39625)

Chapters 4 & 5  (Under development, Coming Soon!)

• 3 weeks later

Devs, I do hope you've seen this and will look into it by either adding the ability to have additional anchored bars or prevent "game return" from closing unattached power bars...

Cheers!

Icecomet

Icecomet

Play my backstory arcs:

Origin: Icecomet  (Arc ID 24805), Origin: Icecomet - Chapter 2  (Arc ID 29282), Origin Icecomet - Chapter 3 (Arc ID 39625)

Chapters 4 & 5  (Under development, Coming Soon!)

I wasn't aware of this "Game return" option that closed all "non essential" windows. Since you didn't explain what it was or how to use it, I took a stab in the dark and typed /gamereturn in-game to see if that was it, which it was. Neat!

Here's my solution for you. First, get every window and UI option set just as you like it, then type /wdwsave. Now every position is saved to a config file in your game folder. Then create a macro, or a bind, that says this: 

gamereturn$$wdwload

Instantly, windows are closed, and your previous config is restored. I'm going to use this on all of my toons now as well!

@dungeoness and @eloora on Excelsior

<Federation of United Cosmic Knights>

59 minutes ago, Dungeoness said:

I wasn't aware of this "Game return" option that closed all "non essential" windows. Since you didn't explain what it was or how to use it, I took a stab in the dark and typed /gamereturn in-game to see if that was it, which it was. Neat!

Here's my solution for you. First, get every window and UI option set just as you like it, then type /wdwsave. Now every position is saved to a config file in your game folder. Then create a macro, or a bind, that says this: 

gamereturn$$wdwload

Instantly, windows are closed, and your previous config is restored. I'm going to use this on all of my toons now as well!

Yeah I also had no clue about the gamereturn function, I also think this is the most simple fix, and thus doesnt require any modification of the game code. That being said, I am also not opposed to expanding the default of max 3 anchored bars up to 5, but only if it's a "simple" thing to do.

I have a Darkness Manipulation Proposal: Let me know what you think!