Additional Combat Attributes

So, a bit of a minor suggestion, but I think it would be handy nonetheless. Here are the current displayed Debuff Attributes:

Debuff stats.PNG

You'll see that there are only 5 shown. However, looking at Ageless Radial...

Debuff Stats 2.PNG

There exist at least 3 additional Debuff Resistances that are not displayed; Endurance, Perception, and the seemingly synonymous to Recharge Resistance Movement Resistances. There is also some odd null purple stat that either is a glitch or refers to Elusivity, something I'll touch on in a second.

We know that with the existence of things like Inexhaustable that Endurance res is actually a separate feature to Recovery resistance. And while often coupled, the movement resistances are all separate to Rechage Resistance. Global (not rank dependent) crit buffs are absent. And finally, Elusivity looks like this: 

Elusivity.PNG

Which doesn't actually tell you that is Elusivity, or what particular damage type it is defending against.

I don't doubt a few of these have been brought up before. If there's ever extra time, I'd like to see added to combat attributes:

1. Global Crit Chance Percent (Scrapper ATOs, Mastermind Smoke Flash, Stalker group bonus, etc)
  2. Endurance Resistance
  3. Perception Resistance

It might also help to see Recharge Resistance just changed to Slow Resistance in the menu, since rech and movement seem to always be paired together, and Elusivity clearly defined in the Detailed Info of powers that grant it as Elusivity. None high priority, just putting it out there.

Edited by Monos King
  • Like 1

Your third point (regen being immune to -heal): I assume you're talking about the regen mechanic and not the powerset so this one is easy enough. Regeneration debuff resistance is a thing that some powersets get and it's different from heal resistance. Even though absorb, heal, and regen powers accept the same type of enhancements, they're three separate mechanics that don't affect each other.

Heal resistance does exist but it's yet another combat attribute you can't see because until Incandescence and Field Medic came along there were three (I think) powers in the game that could affect it. It's how old MoG made you unable to heal at all during its duration. All players and NPCs have a base 0% heal resistance. T1 Incandescence gives you -30% res(heal) - in other words all unresistible heals (Aid Self, heals from allies, and green insps) will be 30% more effective when used on you.

Elusivity is only granted for the damage type(s) or position(s) a power gives defense against in PvE. So for your example, Scorpion Shield gives defense against all damage types in PvP but elusivity against smash/lethal/energy only.

EDIT: The point about Scrapper or Stalker crit chance - there's an "inherent" attribute in base attributes that you can monitor but unless you're a Brute, Dominator, or Sentinel it doesn't actually do anything because it looks at the value of the "inherent" bar under your HP/end bars. It could probably be retooled to display crit chance but standard code rant applies here.

EDIT EDIT: More on heal and regen. As a bit of background, most attributes (healing, regen, resistance, damage, defense) have two ways of being expressed: strength (str), or the actual change in an attribute's value, and resistance (res), or the resistance a character has to things that buff or debuff that attribute. For most attributes str is the only one that matters - damage buffs and debuffs (and even damage enhancements in powers) are +/- str(damage). Damage resistance resists changes in your damage output, both buffs and debuffs, so it's necessary to flag damage buffs as unresisted otherwise you wouldn't get the full effect of the buff if you had any damage resistance at all. Defense works the same way - sort of. Defense buffs and debuffs, including enhancemenst, are +/- str(defense). However, some powers that give defense also give defense debuff resistance, which is +res(defense). Just like damage buffs, defense buffs have to be flagged as unresisted otherwise characters with DDR would get less from those buffs. So finally onto heal and regen. There's +/- str(regen) and +/-res(regen) - regen buffs and debuffs affect str(regen) and are resisted by res(regen). Healing works the same way: +/- str(heal) affects the value of your heals and +/- res(heal) affects the amount you can be healed by a given heal.

Edited by macskull
  • Thanks 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

39 minutes ago, macskull said:

Your third point (regen being immune to -heal): I assume you're talking about the regen mechanic and not the powerset so this one is easy enough. Regeneration debuff resistance is a thing that some powersets get and it's different from heal resistance. Even though absorb, heal, and regen powers accept the same type of enhancements, they're three separate mechanics that don't affect each other.

I mean the powerset yeah

41 minutes ago, macskull said:

Elusivity is only granted for the damage type(s) or position(s) a power gives defense against in PvE. So for your example, Scorpion Shield gives defense against all damage types in PvP but elusivity against smash/lethal/energy only.

That makes sense; probably wouldn't hurt to call it Elusivity though in detailed info.

I personally know about all of what you said before though. What is interesting is that regeneration the powerset seems immune to heal changes entirely, -heal and +heal. It isn't due to the unresistable marker either, as every self-heal has it and yet they can be affected by -heal.

8 minutes ago, Monos King said:

I mean the powerset yeah

So the powerset has some regen debuff resistance in Fast Healing but it has no -heal resistance at all. The reason it seems immune to -heal is because Reconstruction has a toxic resist component that is enhanceable. Because you can't make buffs selectively ignore portions of a power you have two choices: make buffs apply to all aspects of the power (in which case popping a bunch of reds would raise the amount of toxic resist Reconstruction gives you) or make buffs apply to no aspects of the power (the +res is unaffected by damage buffs but the heal can't be changed by +/-heal). Cold Dom shields work the same way - they grant defense and resistance but the resistance is enhanceable so things like Power Boost don't affect the +def granted.

• Thanks 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

13 minutes ago, macskull said:

The reason it seems immune to -heal is because Reconstruction

Oooh, ok that clears it up. I'll edit.

In regards to displaying crit, since it varies between rank, I'd just think the buffs would be displayed rather than make it an inherent thing. Displaying Stalkers base 10% crit chance and the 3% bonuses per party member, 100% crit given by Smoke Flash or Hide, that sort of thing.

Edited by Monos King