Introducing Naraka Prison (RP Setting for public use)

Denarii

Welcome to Naraka, the Eternal Prison (NARAKA-13039)

Naraka is an RP extra-dimensional prison, built for one of my character's story arcs, and that I'd like to make available to the public. It's meant for when you need to run a scene in a more professional, secure environment than PPD or the Zig. Think Magneto's plastic prison, Escobar's house arrest, or Marvel’s Raft and you'll get the idea of what Naraka is supposed to be. There are also several empty rooms, which I'm happy to tailor for specific RP stuff in advance. (Message me here or in game @Denarii)

On with the show.

spacer.png

General Population

Naraka contains 28 General cells, each secured with a laser grid, furnished with the basic necessities, and suitable for prisoners who do not display tremendous destructive or elusive powers. The wing also features a prominent suite, dubbed the 'Penthouse' for guests of a distinguished or honorable nature.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Please excuse the mess in B2, the tenant had a bit of a tantrum. We're cleaning it up and will be serviceable in no time.

spacer.png

High Security

For advanced threats, the High Security wing offers a much sturdier enclosure, with an immobilization field protecting the containment fields themselves. These are longer-term tenants, and in the interests of their stay, Naraka often furnishes their rooms to their specific tastes. If such things are in their sponsor’s budget, of course.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Isolation

Only the gravest threats require the Isolation wing: a series of six pocket dimensions that manifest in various flavors of hell. These are reserved for only the most dangerous of Incarnate-level threats, and are custom-designed to suit their tenant.

spacer.png

01 - The Classic - A stereotypical hellscape, for those that expect it, or fear it
spacer.png

02 - The Maw - The barely-restrained slavering jaws of an eldritch beast. Mind the drool.
spacer.png

03 - The Aquarium - Glass walls sealed in water, for elemental prisoners or those who get claustrophobic
spacer.png

04 - The Chalet - A curious creation, rumor has it the Chalet is home to an entirely innocent prisoner, who Naraka has decided to give some comfort
spacer.png

05 - The White Room - Nothingness. Simple nothingness.
spacer.png

06 The Empty Theatre - The tragic ruins of theatre, for the overly-theatric or attention-greedy
spacer.png

Edited by Denarii
  • Like 8

37 minutes ago, Calamity Cain said:

This is delightful - some really tight craft here Denarii. So much potential for RP here too! I hope you've placed this on the Everlasting Yellow Pages

I love the diversity of Isolation units! Though one has to wonder why you'd imprison someone...if they were innocent (The Chalet). 🤔

I had not, thanks for the reminder! I'll add it to the Yellow Pages.

As for the Chalet, it's a callback to the Chateau D'if from the Count of Monte Cristo, which was (spoiler?) used to imprison people who were innocent but needed to disappear. Of course, the Naraka wardens are far too polite to engage in the book's routine torture, but the idea is the same: someone's put in the box, however well-dressed it is, with the understanding that they'll never leave.

Ah, haven't read it, so maybe I'm missing important context here: if they're innocent, but need to be kept in a box by a corrupt government, why bother with the luxury? If they aren't being imprisoned so much as hidden, why keep them in a prison? I'm just perplexed by the idea, trying to figure it out now. haha

I could see this being used by a villain/criminal who has some clout with the prison administration a la Hannibal Lector or Ultra-Humanite from that Justice League episode "Injustice For All", or who is being buttered up by the wardens to cooperate with them or other authorities, a la Shawshank Redemption! 

It's pretty open for however people want to use it, really, so all the above work! That's one of the reasons I wanted to do a diverse batch of Isolation dimensions, to cover the range from the torturous (my favorite is the White Room) to the 'gilded cage' trope (the Chalet). It can fit whatever story needs to be played out, or new ones can be built to accommodate.

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 9:15 AM, Calamity Cain said:

Ah, haven't read it, so maybe I'm missing important context here: if they're innocent, but need to be kept in a box by a corrupt government, why bother with the luxury? If they aren't being imprisoned so much as hidden, why keep them in a prison? I'm just perplexed by the idea, trying to figure it out now. haha

I could see this being used by a villain/criminal who has some clout with the prison administration a la Hannibal Lector or Ultra-Humanite from that Justice League episode "Injustice For All", or who is being buttered up by the wardens to cooperate with them or other authorities, a la Shawshank Redemption! 

A friend's character spent time voluntarily imprisoned to prevent their powers from harming others, until such time as the powers could be controlled.  Something like the chalet would be the perfect setting for a similar  character.

• Like 1