Any Way to Spawn a group of 3 AVs?

aethereal

I would really like to have a group of three Archvillains spawn together.  Is there any way to do this?  I know I make an enemy group that only has AVs in it spawn around a "defeat a boss" detail, but that results in like...  11 AVs at large group sizes.  Which might be a bit much.  I want a number of AVs > 1 but < 11.  What's the closest I can get to this?

• Like 1

I wish there were some response to this, even if it's just someone saying, "I confirm that this is known to be impossible."

Some things I've tried that don't work:

1.  You can't have ambushes happen that are named characters, just groups, so I can't place one AV and then have other AVs ambush once the battle is joined.

2.  If your custom enemy group includes any non-AV characters, (even just a single minion), then the entire group of adds around the placed AV will be non-AV members of the custom group.

3.  Changing the "difficulty" of the group surrounding the boss does not scale down much -- easy leads to 11 adds (all of them AVs if any of them are AVs, as far as I can tell), hard leads to 20, at x8.

Well, I certainly can't think of a way to do it.  The best I can think of is to find a map with a small location that has spawns near one another. 

• Thanks 1

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

Haven’t tried this yet. I am currently testing a mish where I wanted 3 members of a villain team to spawn together. I designed them as 1 boss and 2 LTs, made one of their sets “hard,” the other pretty sparse. In the test run, they spawned as 3 LTs and just kicked my rear. The grav boss slapped a mez on me, while the pay assault and savage melee took me down. It was brutal. My initial attack nearly dropped 1 of them, and significantly damaged them all (was running DP baster who has a few toggle defenses). Had no breakfrees though, so that was that. The arc capped at 25, and I was running a L27, exemplared.

i don’t know that you can get 3 AVs, but you can make lower levels tough by selecting higher levels on their power, say a Boss or LT with Extreme setting to primary and secondary. That might allow the spawn, though it wouldn’t be a true AV. 

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.